Fruit / veg / salad

Options
Hi back again would like to loose about 30lb so going to give it a proper go !! Do you all count cals in everything you it ? Fruit veg salads ? & weigh everything ?
Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I log it.

I weigh probably 90% of what I eat...I don't weigh takeout or at a restaurant, things that I regularly found were lower than the grams stated (single cups of yogurt), and am sometimes lenient when I'm making a salad (throw veggies in but still weigh meat/cheese/dressing).
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes! You should log everything if you're actively trying to lose weight. Even though fruits and vegetables are good for you, they do have calories that should also be tracked. Not tracking them could be the difference between losing weight and not losing weight, especially if you eat a lot of them.
  • beansontoast2014
    beansontoast2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replays , do you eat the extra cals you have burnt throw exercise or best to leave them
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You should be aiming to eat at least some of them back. MFP doesn't factor in intentional exercise in your initial calorie allowance. Most people start out with eating 50% back to ensure they aren't overestimating their calorie burns and review their weight loss after around 4 weeks.

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I ate back some of the calories I burned. Sometimes machines or exercise calculators overestimate the amount of calories burnt. A lot of people eat back about half the calories to be on the safe side.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I log everything, even 1 tiny Hersey Kiss. I usually only weight the high cal. items, cheese, PB.... I try to eat some of my exercise cal. back, but I don't fret if I don't, mainly because I think MFP is telling me I'm burning more cal. then I really am...
  • beansontoast2014
    beansontoast2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great thank you , do you all eat supper healthy ? Or just cal count what you want to eat ?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi back again would like to loose about 30lb so going to give it a proper go !! Do you all count cals in everything you it ? Fruit veg salads ? & weigh everything ?
    Thanks

I don't measure very low calorie foods like lettuce, cucumber or celery but I DO estimate portions and log them.

Fruit and some veggies can really add up......so unless you are using a program like Weight Watchers, that gives you a lowered calorie goal so you can then have "free food"......log it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Depends what you consider super-healthy, healthy to me is a balanced diet of foods I like that meets my macro split and my calorie allowance.

I still have chocolate most days and pizza night a couple of times a month, it's all about moderation.
  • hklu22
    hklu22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I track everything. It was very helpful in figuring out what nutrients I might be missing, especially since I don't eat much meat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes when I was aiming to lose I weighed everything. Now I can eyeball portion sizes and maintain my weight but it took time to get to that point.