Low carb easy snacks

Options
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any ideas for low carb snacks as when I look at my diary, its thw snacks where it all goes wrong!

Replies

• becarrah
    becarrah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you like cheese and want a chip altnerative I found Cello Whisps at Costco. They have 1 carb per serving of 23 "chips". Very calorie dense so if you're also watching calories/fat you'll want to pay close attention to serving size. There's recipes for similar cheese chips on the internet. I also package up snack size bags of vegetables to take to work: peppers, cucumbers, celery, etc. I eat those with a small portion of some protein (cheese stix/rounds, nitrate and sugar free deli meat or jerkey). Small servings of nuts are great too.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheese, pepperoni, nuts, seeds, coffee, veggies with dip, a can of tuna or herring.... there are many.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Low carb snacks sounds like an oxymoron to me - isn't the point of low carb to regulate hunger and appetite?
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks/string cheese were a must when I was low carb! Celery! Beef jerky! They have these carb smart yogurts that aren’t bad either!
  • mercy2018m
    mercy2018m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup light cottage cheese with berries on top! filling and delish.
  • mercy2018m
    mercy2018m Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    cucumber slices with tuna salad on top. tuna mixed with 1 spoon mustard and 1 spoon light mayo
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    jerky, Kay's Naturals snack bags
  • ToriOtsuki
    ToriOtsuki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream whipped with cocoa powder and some stevia or with berries like raspberries or blackberries. There are some good suggestions in the fat bomb thread as eell.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Low carb snacks sounds like an oxymoron to me - isn't the point of low carb to regulate hunger and appetite?

Sometimes. Sometimes it is to address health issues like insulin resistance, alzheimer's or CVD.

As many on MFP have pointed out, low carb foods are not satiating for everyone.
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So I was snacking on prosciutto, but a 70cal serving is only 2 slices and has like half a day’s worth of sodium. No carbs though! Haha
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs- easy to make, portable and don't require refrigeration.

Basically, any type of meat or fat will be a low-carb snack. Just remember, low-carb doesn't necessarily mean low-calorie so you still have to watch portion sizes. If you are eating something that is calorie dense like salami, nuts or cheese, trying eating those with a vegetable to help with feeling a little fuller.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Seaweed! Nuts, cheese, low carb crackers! Yogurt, protein shake?