discouraged

Options
found a low intensity workout, but I hurt my shoulder doing it. I was on such a great roll.
I wanted to start with excercise then concentrate on food. So hard. :-(

Replies

• Ckxoxo2018
    Ckxoxo2018 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting off with healthy eating (trying to) and light exercise then build my way up once I get back into the swing of it. But well done on stepping over the first hurdle
  • thenisechambers
    thenisechambers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to incorporate diet and exercise into my new lifestyle change !
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? If it's weight loss, start with food, then add exercise. If you change your exercise habits without monitoring your calories, you might not lose any weight.
  • joshfenderson50
    joshfenderson50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not to say your injury is a good thing, but helps reaffirm my goal of starting with changing my relationship with food, and then working into exercise. I know I'd love to step on the scale and see 30lbs gone, but I have to remember I didn't get big in a day and it wont come off in a day either.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    "Healthy eating" means nothing if you want to lose weight and you're going over your calorie goals . Healthy foods have calories too.

Trust us on this - count your calories. Your injury will heal and you can get back to it when you feel better and you may be a little lighter too. ;)

Weight loss is more about the calories than it is about the exercise.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you can still type. You're shoulder will quit hurting soon.