Nothing stresses me out more than.....

Options
The night before weigh in. I'm praying for a loss. I had a good week but I sit here and wonder....did I do enough? Was my week as good as I think? Did I drink enough water? Are my calories on point?

Ugh......

Replies

• sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No matter what the scale does, just keep doing what you’re doing! You got this!!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    That's why I weigh every morning and use a weight trending app. More data points equals less stressing about the individual fluctuations, in my case. Try not to stress about it too much!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself every day and get to know my fluctuation patterns. Once you start tracking regularly, you can usually see why the little ups and downs happen. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    That's why I weigh every morning and use a weight trending app. More data points equals less stressing about the individual fluctuations, in my case. Try not to stress about it too much!

This. Because here’s the thing...even if you do everything right, are logging with as close to 100% accuracy as possible, you AREN’T going to see a loss every single time. You need to oook at the overall trend, not just what happens between point A and point B.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Give your all to your food diary. You track? If you do you know how you did. It’s there in black and white.

No I don’t mean the calories, I mean the the diary itself. It’s the only thing you really have control over. As you point out, we can’t control the scale. Try as we might we can’t cause and effect our way to weight loss. But we can facilitate it. Tracking facilitates weight loss. If you tracked all week, you did your best.

Last- I have a friend who made this point- over time we get the weigh in we deserve, but not necessarily when we expect it.