Intermittent fasting

Options

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    So if my last meal is before 7pm and I eat again at 7:30am is that fasting?

No. It's eating. (not that it matters - if that's what works for you, keep doing it)
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Great transformation OP!! I never heard of IF before reading this post and I'm wondering if I've been doing IF and didn't even realize it. I eat in the morning between 7 am and 8 am, then I don't eat again until my lunch between 12 pm and 2 pm. That's all I'll eat during the day until the next morning. Is that considered IF?

Yep! That would be considered something like a 17:7 "protocol" (fasting 17 hours and 'feasting' 7 hours)
  • jasminedmarks
    jasminedmarks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great transformation OP!! I never heard of IF before reading this post and I'm wondering if I've been doing IF and didn't even realize it. I eat in the morning between 7 am and 8 am, then I don't eat again until my lunch between 12 pm and 2 pm. That's all I'll eat during the day until the next morning. Is that considered IF?

Yep! That would be considered something like a 17:7 "protocol" (fasting 17 hours and 'feasting' 7 hours)

Ok, great! Thank you for the response :smile:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand why there are so many people who think IF is an idiotic philisophy!
    I asked a question about a fasting schedule and I got the majority who don't get and crushed it.
    Now if my thinking is correct isn't it just a schedule of eating?
    Why do you guys do it?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I don't really understand why there are so many people who think IF is an idiotic philisophy!
    I asked a question about a fasting schedule and I got the majority who don't get and crushed it.
    Now if my thinking is correct isn't it just a schedule of eating?
    Why do you guys do it?
    Yes, it is just a schedule of eating. Some people believe there are other benefits from it (thanks, Fung) when there aren't.

I do 14:10 (10 AM-8 PM and one 8 AM-6 PM) most days but it's because that's what works with my work schedule
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So this IF can be done only a few days a week? I'm trying to start, but when I wake up at 4:00 am to get ready for work, I have to have milk in my coffee and there goes away my fasting period. What is the least hour period that you can start with and see results?
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! Impressive. Guess you don’t need any of us to tell you well done, but I’ll say it anyway...well done!
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sbantonio wrote: »
    k0iix2ybdwua.png
    Picture on left taken 2013. The one on the right 2015.... before the skin art. Lol

Amazing transformation! You should be very proud of your achievement!
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    WOW! How can you fast until 1:00 pm? If I don’t have food until 1:00 pm and to top it off I’m a woman , can you imagine ? Congratulations though . Amazing job you’ve done there . When I saw your first picture, first thing that came to my mind was the guys at the beach in my Latin America home country . Most of them look like that in the beach . Beer belly . You look great .
    sbantonio wrote: »
    I got the tattoos after I lost the weight. On my 50th birthday last October. I do IF every day. I fast until 1pm. Thought it would be hard but it's not. 0rt2x3en7cbk.png

• debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Now you are strong and healthy and added some happy healthy years to your life. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have been considering IF. I am already eating at a deficit, so other then a calorie deficit, why fast?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Good job, OP. I cannot do IF because I am T2Dm and fasting makes my blood sugar go up (need to eat several meals spread out over the day) but you make a good case for those who can do it.

I am also Type 2D and my doctor actually recommended it.
  • garlo12
    garlo12 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Good job, OP. I cannot do IF because I am T2Dm and fasting makes my blood sugar go up (need to eat several meals spread out over the day) but you make a good case for those who can do it.

I just started IF and in 2 weeks I have lost 7.2 lbs. I'm also Type 2D and my doctor Okayed me to do it and I feel great, it was just the boost I needed.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation. I practise IF and eat around lunch time as my first meal of the day. It makes it easier for me to stick to my calories!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am doing IF as well. I started last week with 16:8 and before that I have been doing 5:2 with isagenix and I have lost 31 pounds. The eating window keeps me from ever being tempted to cheat and I love it. I am sleeping better and I have more energy as well. I definitely feel like I can do this for a lifetime.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Kinda jealous. I like food too much and eat every hour on the house. I'm kind of like a goat
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!