New and need encouragement

Options
I have been doing this for two weeks and only lost two pounds. I feel disheartened since I tried very hard, tracked everything and was under my caloric goal every day except one. I am unable to incorporate exercise yet..... anyone have any suggestions or help to keep me going?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? A pound a week is a good rate of loss?
  • colleen0825
    colleen0825 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Usually you lose more initially, I thought I would lose 3 or 4 so I felt disappointed with 2....
  • CarboShannon
    CarboShannon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep going!!!! Don’t give up!! Maybe don’t get on the scale as often. Every bite you take log it. It doesn’t matter if your cheating you still need to log it. Your going to cheat and not want to log it but you have to. You have to see that you are cheating and how fast those calories add up, we have to mess up to learn. You got this!! If you log I guarantee you will lose weight
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    We all want it to fall off quickly but I noticed one day that someone I was friends with had "suddenly" lost 25 lbs. Only it wasn't sudden. When I looked back she had posted little losses consistently. Sometimes it was a lb & sometimes less, but she stuck to it.
    It opened my eyes in a new way to realize while I was whining she just kept at it & it showed.
  • colleen0825
    colleen0825 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks that’s helpful!
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi, you have made a good start and achieved a 2lb loss, which is great. Keep going and over time these loses soon add up. You say you can't exercise at the moment, but it is possible to lose weight through diet (healthy eating) alone. Although I realise exercise has a lot of benefits and is good for your health.

I just wanted to share a part of my journey in the hope it helps. Send me a friends request if you like. Looking to add a few MFP friends for support and communication. I can't exercise in the general sense, because of my disabilities but I have taken control of my diet, lost weight and made a big difference to my overall health conditions otherwise. I first used MFP back in June 2014 for around 5 months. Then coasted for a while, planned to get back on track in the New Year 2015, but ended up not rejoining until Apr 2016. I now have an unbroken streak of daily logging, of 653 days. The time has past anyway and all my little losses of a pound here or half a pound there have all added up. Since Apr 2016, I've lost a further 25.5lb; since starting about 3.5 years ago I've lost a total of 43.5lbs. It has been a slow but steady weight loss and I've just hit a healthy bmi (Was borderline severely obese).

Celebrate your losses and keep going, over time they soon add up!
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress. Keep going!