Am I the only one who have been on MFP several times from weight gain/lose

Options
I have been on MFP several times from gaining weight then losing and repeat. I need to find out how to keep the weight off but indulge in some of the things I LOVE. Wishing everyone much success on your goals. Stay blessed.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I took a break late 2013/early 2014 because I was pregnant and regained 40 lbs during that time.

In 2016, I started trying to maintain a 140lb loss. Didn't happen. Between spring 2016 and Summer 2017 I put 10 lbs back on. Poor choices on my part. Summer 2017 my IUD went through my uterus and into my abdomen while I was at the gym. Required surgery to remove my Mirena from my abdomen. A couple months later I decided to try birth control pills. Needless to say, I didn't get along with them. I gained 12 lbs in the 3 months I tried to make them work (pills messed with my hormones causing me to feel hungry all the time...super hungry...as a result I was eating way to much).

I started off the year just logging in Fitbits app, but a couple days ago I needed a recipe calculator so I'm back.
  • dreza617
    dreza617 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think many of us have been in and out of MFP for the exact same reason lol I've been on and off since 2011!
  • myfitnesspalsophie
    myfitnesspalsophie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    same, but in recent years instead of going off the number of calories myfitnesspal gives I just work out maintenance calories and then eat under that amount. It's different for me at the minute because i'm pregnant but usually my maintenance calories would be 1626, so some days I might eat 1300 and some days I might eat up to 1626 or more if i've done any exercise. I don't go with what myfitnesspal likes to give me as it doesn't work long term. As long as I eat under my maintenance I'm still accomplishing and not restricting.
  • kcmc2006
    kcmc2006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yes have been on and off. this is the time though -- feel free to add me if you want friends who will hold you accountable and encourage you to keep coming back!
  • amandachang87
    amandachang87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got an email from MFP saying it was my 4 year anniversary. And that's just with THIS account, I think I had one or two other accounts before this one that I either deleted or forgot the login. So I've left and come back a few times, but the important thing is, I've always come back! This time has been my longest "streak," and I've lost nearly 30 lbs since I re-started last August. The difference this time has been that I have been much less restrictive with what I eat, and I don't let MFP put me at a 1200 or 1300 calorie goal and try to stick with that like I used to. My goal right now is right under 1500 but I eat up to maintenance some days (that's around 1800 cals or so). Oh and I have been exercising regularly, which isn't the key, but it helps especially on days I've gone over on calories. This has resulted in a slower, but easier to sustain weight loss. Now my motto is, "Slow progress is still progress."
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This is my 2nd account. First was some years ago. I was at a low weight, but wished to go lower (100 > 85lbs...I'm 4'11" for reference). I got to 98, then started dating and eating out every night so didn't lose anymore.

Around 1 year ago I gained around 40 pounds on antidepressants and lived in denial about the weight gain (until clothes started ripping, buttons started popping off...sadly I'm serious :# )

Now, I'm a few years older (and I'd like to think wiser), much more health-conscious, off the antidepressants, and ready to get in the best shape of my life. I'm also not planning to date for another ~5 months. Goal is no longer 85, but 90-100 and toned.

So, this is my 2nd time here, but hoping it's my last. :p:D
  • wazette2
    wazette2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here...I had a very successful weight loss of about 70 pounds. I became slack and gained a good 40 back over about 4 years. I have let the stress of raising teenagers and just life in general throughe me to the back burner. No more though...it's time reclaim my healthy lifestyle, time to take care of me so I'm at my best for others. Feel free to add me...love to support and encourage and share this journey.