Everything hurts

Options
Hi, so I’m returning to MFP for the first time in 5 years. I have a lot of weight to lose but right now my biggest goal is to not hurt anymore. My feet, ankles, hips, everything is sore. So I’m walking everyday (got a Fitbit for Christmas) and trying to stretch as much as I can. I feel much older than I look but hoping that moving around will get easier soon and that I start having more energy. Btw, when I was here 5 years ago, I had just gotten the LapBand. It never worked for me and I had some complications with it so 2 years ago I had it removed.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will most likely reduce joint pain. It did for me.
  • CZSeventy5
    CZSeventy5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is the FitBit any help? I too have a lot of pain. Unfortunately, back pain makes walking unpleasant for me but I may just have to deal with it. I was wondering if the FitBit would be enough of a gimmick to give me a little motivation to walk.
  • Joni_Pass
    Joni_Pass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It’s been a good thing so far because it reminds me when I haven’t moved for a while. Plus it’s tracking my sleep and I’m going to bed earlier which is a good thing; I was getting less than 4 hours per night.
  • ntruman75
    ntruman75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will for sure help your joints, I have arthritis and have been trying really hard to avoid anti inflammatory foods too... but it’s hard! Good luck!
  • daydreemer
    daydreemer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia and am in pain everyday. I am also going through menopause so not sure if my meds or menopause is putting on all this weight but so discouraged. I’m going to look into getting the Fitbit. I’m even trying hydroxycut, scale just keeps going up
  • sadsam7171
    sadsam7171 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand daydreamer. I'm going through the same thing. People don't understand how hard it is to exercise when it takes all you got just to take a shower.