Losing baby weight

Options
Hey ladies, anyone still trying to lose the baby weight? We were blessed to get pregnant because we have to do invitro. I gained 14 pounds doing the shots and then I gained 22 pounds while pregnant. I have lost all of the baby weight and only 4 pounds of the invitro weight. So I am really going to start tracking my meals and cut out some of my guilty pleasures to shake that last 10 lbs. Can any of you relate to this or have any suggestions? Thanks,

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

How many months postpartum are you? Are you breastfeeding? If you are nursing you definitely do not want to cut calories too low as it can affect your supply.

The last 10 lbs can be hard, slow, water weight can mask progress, also you don't have as much wiggle room in your deficit as you used to and it can be easy to go over your goal. Start weighing and measuring accurately, everyday, be consistent. Obviously it can be done without a food scale, but if you aren't seeing the scale move, that would be the first thing I would start doing.
  • kwippy
    kwippy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have those pesky last 12lbs to lose. Congrats on a successful IVF! I have friends who have done multiple rounds and sympathize with the struggles of fertility treatments. I am breastfeeding too and my milk supply is very sensitive to my diet and water intake. I have a trainer I work with to keep me honest and it forces me to be active when all I want to do is eat cookies when I'm sleep deprived. Hang in there and keep it moving!
  • kellyholder9229
    kellyholder9229 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It's been mostly about diet and consistency in my exercise. Lol. My son is almost two and now I feel like being extremely focused to be as healthy as I can be. Thanks for all of the advice
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Im 4 mo post partum, got about 10 lbs of baby weight left Im working on. And plenty of my own weight to work on after that :)
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    i'm currently pregnant with my 3rd, ( very early still ) I was able to loose the baby weight pretty quickly from jogging, started with 60 seconds and then walk and then just started making small goals instead of 60 i'd work up to running 3 minutes and now i can run 60 minutes without a break, an don't compare yourself to other just push your self and meet your some goals and you will start seeing results and eating 1-2 eggs with grapes for breakfast or lunch help me keep full :) good luck !!( adding you as a friend if you need anything let me no !)
  • weighmeless
    weighmeless Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How early are you Brooke ? I lost 22 lbs in total in one of my recent weigh-in and the following week I found out I am pregnant with our second one. I lost 7 lbs during my first pregnancy in first trimester and total weight gain was 23lbs for the last pregnancy.
    This time around is scary enough because I am just into my 6th week and I already feel I have gained so much more. I don’t know if it’s just water weight but I am definitely lot more hungrier than I was during my last. I am so disappointed because, even when I am trying to eat healthy and have some minimum exercise, my weight seems to be off control. I am yet to visit my Dr for first prenatal visit which isn’t until 8th February. So trying to keep my exercise very basic and trying to eat little healthy as much when hungry.
    Obviously, baby and my health comes first but its freaking me out thinking how much I could weigh by end of pregnancy.
    Anyone who gained during first trimester and weight gain slowed there after ?
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm due this month, and will be in a wedding in May. I started this pregnancy worried about losing all the progress I had been making, but I feel like I'm in a much healthier mindset now of just wanting to be healthy. I told my husband that I don't care if I look like a whale at the wedding, I just want to feel good.
    On that note, I'm super interested in hearing whatever advice experienced mamas have for losing weight after the baby comes! My body has not let me do much more than walk for most of the pregnancy, so I feel like I've done a lot of backtracking. And I don't have crazy high expectations for May or anything, just whatever I can healthily do to enjoy my sister-in-law's special day to the fullest with her.
    With my previous pregnancies I didn't really try for a long time afterward, so this is all new to me.
  • tyranapookysaurus
    tyranapookysaurus Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Substitution was the key for me. I would swap my chips for almonds and stuff like that. Portion control was also a big help.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby! :blush:

I wish I knew the secret. I'm 8 years post pregnancy. :D Seriously though, I've gotten down to goal a couple of times the last 8 years but can't seem to get back to it. The last two years have been hell trying to lose a few pounds and manage to keep them off. I can't even see myself making that 50 lb loss that I need to get to goal but I keep trying.

You have to eat within a certain amount of calories. I get 1200 per day and don't go over that and if I exercise I don't eat those back every single day either. Just depends. Be sure to weigh/measure your foods. Changing your eating habits is more important than anything and it takes a good two weeks to get in to a new routine.
  • kellyholder9229
    Options
    The point is that we keep trying. I know so many women that look at celebrities as inspiration on weight loss and especially after having a baby. I feel like those are unhealthy standards. I used to compare my body against those in magazines when I was younger but I realized that they photo shop. Now that I am 35 I have really come to appreciate my body. Small successes daily add up to big ones and since I have joined this app in the last month, I have been consistent with getting work outs in and I have lost most of my food. I feel so much better about myself and it's gives me confidence to do everything in life that much better. I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of you ladies for your stories and support. Your very inspirational to me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @kellyholder9229 glad things are working out for you!
  • kellyholder9229
    Options
    Thanks. It's hard but I'm slowly getting there. I have really good days and then others where I get stressed and throw the diet out the window. Lol. I hope that your achieving your goals too
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    It's been 6 years. I think it's time I stop blaming the baby :flushed: