Weight Watchers Points Plus

Options
I am attempting to start the Weight Watchers Points Plus plan again. Any one else doing it? Any helpful tips for me?

Replies

• kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I used it before I came here. I didn't like it much, especially since I was used to the regular points system. Before, I could at least estimate how many points the food was, but with the new system, I had no idea since it was a mix of carbs, fat, protein and calories. Plus, I felt like I was starving myself... BUT then again, I had been doing it for a while so maybe I needed a mix up. :) Good luck!
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Breakfast smoothie for 5 points....1/2 C. milk, 1/2 c. greek yoghurt plain 0% fat, 1/2c. simply egg whites, 1 banana, bit of Splenda, and all the frozen berries you want...
    Blend and yum...like a milkshake and protein to last til lunch. (over 30grams I believe)

I also mix fat free pudding mix with greek yogurt and splenda for a 1point snack, with lots of protein too!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was on WW about two years, losing consistently, then they switched the program and I gained 7 pounds, then left and came here. I am sure it's fine for most people just starting out, but I know for a lot of us close to goal, it was not a good change.

If I was going to pay the money for WW, which I love that I don't have to pay anymore. Then definitely be sure to track your calories along with it, especially because of the free fruit and vegies. I was shocked at how many calories I was eating in just fruits and vegies, that were not being counted.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    same here, didnt enjoy weight watchers at all, in the end you pay £5 a week to get weighed, by far best thing is MFP in my opinion, but good luck to you
  • jaime1422
    Options
    That was my issue when I tried before! I used the old point system years ago and loved it, even got to the point where I didn't need to calculate because I knew a lot of the points to normal food I would eat. But then I stopped, gained a lot of weight and tried again back in January and was thrown off by the new points system. I plan to try WW again, and also use myfitnesspal and hopefully see results.
  • ashes2smash
    ashes2smash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Take full advantage of the free fruits and veggies!!! Doing that will keep hunger away! And watch the bread because those points went wayyyy up!!! Its pretty easy to follow and you'll get to know what you eat and not have to look up points! :smile:
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also tried it right before re-focusing on MFP. My leader told us they recommend about 5 fruits/vegetables a day. I ended up gaining about 4 pounds. I also felt hungry all the time...but everyone is different! I had lost about 60 lbs on the original points plan only to gain about 40 back. The revised just didn't work for me. Good luck!
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on the old points system, only to stop going and gain it all back (life and relationship changes were to blame). Then I decided to get back in shape and lose it on my own. Tried for 6 months and had little success because I wasn't accountable.

I rejoined WW almost two weeks ago and am already down 7.8. I do not starve myself (I love food too much!). I eat lots of veggies, fruit and make healthier decisions. Yes, the point system is different, but not drastic. It still encourages eating healthier.

I like the accountability and when you have a great leader, it makes the journey enjoyable.

I agree - it may not work for everyone. But for me, it is a good match.

If anyone wants to start a WW thread to give each other encouragement, that's be great. :smile: