PCOS weight loss success stories? Pics please!

Options
Hey there :)

So I am beginning my journey again for the umpteenth time. I am searching for any ladies out there who have had success with large amounts of weight loss who also suffer from PCOS. What methods worked for you/what didnt? I have insulin resistance so I am doing lower carb and will eventually step down to keto. What struggles did you guys face? Was the weight loss slow? Please let me know. Thanks!!

Replies

• jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! You are absolutely right. What works for one person may not work for another. You know your body best. Congratulations! I'm just starting out and have a long road ahead. Stories like yours inspire me.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    q5irpj71ri38.jpg

I have PCOS and Endometriosis, I'm 44 and perimenopausal, but I went from 321lb in November 2012 to 157.6lb in November 2014 - I am maintaining my weight ... it is definitely possible, you just need to find what works for you - I find daily exercise, moderate carbs, moderate fat and higher protein works best for me.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    edited January 2018
    Options
    im1ipl81sqhk.jpg

I've got heavier over the last year, but slimmer, because I'm changing my body composition.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    edited January 2018
    Options
    vcgd24cfb54e.jpg

I do weight training & cardio 3 times a week, taking rest days on Saturdays only - my body fat percentage has reduced, I've got a bit heavier, but my waist, neck and hips are smaller.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hyiuizs5akr1.jpg

I don't have a goal weight now, I have a goal body fat percentage, which is a far way off, but it's a journey and I'm enjoying, so I'm in no rush.
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Super low carbs and high protein. I eat a lot of eggs, egg whites, chicken, etc... Yes, I will have a brownie when the occasion calls for it, but I no longer have one every night after dinner. I've also given up diet soda and am drinking a ton of water.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've lost 62 pounds in about 7 months and have another 20 to go. I'm on a doctor-supervised plan and take metformin. It's made all the difference in the world.
    I'm 47 years old. I eat lower carb and high protein. I work out 5-6 days/week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!