Weigh more after workouts...?

Options
Just wondering if this is normal, anyone else weigh more after they work out?

Replies

• darkdestiny7
    Options
    I usually weigh less after a workout... Maybe water weight gained while your working out?
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do.

You need to remember. The blood is still pumping. Heart is still pounding. You are covered in sweat. Your body is trying to figure out what just happened. It needs alittle time to recover and cool down. Then try to weigh yourself ^.^
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do because of my water intake
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    That's funny I just weighed in half pound less after workout it was better then my morning weigh in. I didn't drink any water while working out though. I logged that weight instead of morning weight.

Probably if you drink water while working out you will be more or if you eat first maybe
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if this is normal, anyone else weigh more after they work out?

I weigh more after just a few minutes of weighing myself in the morning. Weight will fluctuate 2-3 lbs during the course of a day... especially for women. My suggestion would be to only weigh yourself in the morning after getting out of bed and using the bathroom but before eating or drinking anything. If the number on the scale frustrates you, I would also suggest just weighing once a week. Your body may be retaining fluids after your workout, so a weight gain is not surprising. Good luck!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I weigh less after I workout because I lose a lot of water. Of course, that weight goes away mere moments after I start to drink water again. I'd say weight gain is normal-- especially if your body is holding on to water.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Your muscles hold more water following a workout...When I have my monthly check in at the Gym they weigh you before working out as you can gain..in my case as much as 3lbs...
  • chadpatrick
    Options
    Unless you are eating or drinking during your workout, it is not possible.