Again... why yes

Options
A little back story on me.... in October 2010 I weighed 285 pounds. It was then I decided to take my life back and get in shape. Over the next four years I battled but lost a total of 150 pounds. I was at the lowest I had ever been (135) and decided I was happy with where I was and quit MFP. Over the next two years I gained and lost (the struggle with maintaining is real) but pretty much stayed the same. It wasn’t until July 2016 that they found cancer in my uterus and a hysterectomy was my only option. At 32 and having something so impactive I totally lost track of my health and weight loss. My body had a hard time recovering and I was put on Zoloft to balance out some internal issues. From then until now I have gained back a total of 42 pounds. I am 177 and I know if I don’t make the decision now to take me back I will end up at 285 pounds. I am heart broken. I am very down on myself but i refuse to let that control me. I am here and back and ready. I would love to share my journey with people so add me!! I know this ride is better with friends!

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a break! You've been through a lot. Please be kind to yourself.
    Get back on the horse and remember that slip ups happen. It's ok and nobody is perfect.
  • cal54r
    cal54r Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes, please be good to yourself. I think you are doing SO well especially for all you have overcome! You're an inspiration! I, too, have had similar challenges with surgery and medications. It seems as though since my surgery several years ago, I gain so easily but have to do everything 100% to lose, but like you, I haven't given up! But this is Day 14 for me back on track. Would love to chat anytime.
  • vbaca3
    vbaca3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just turned 60 and weigh more than when I was pregnant...uggg! I have always been petite but those days seem to be long gone. I also smoke which I have given up...7 days so far. I worry that I will get bigger so I decided to try to eat healthier and exercise for both reasons...big and NO tobacco! Wish me luck!

Viola
  • rickyoliveras77
    rickyoliveras77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for some friends I’m kinda new to this
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a break! You've been through a lot. Please be kind to yourself.
    Get back on the horse and remember that slip ups happen. It's ok and nobody is perfect.
    Thank you! I’m trying but it’s so hard to know I’ve slipped back. I will try to be better on my out look!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it so much as a slip. You said yourself "having something so impactive I totally lost track of my health and weight loss" It was a major shock and change to your body. The important thing is that you are healthy. The weightloss will happen again. Feel free to add me :)
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The past is gone, you can't do anything about it except learn, so focus on today and the future to be the best you can be. You can do this!!!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You're here now! That's the important thing! Be nice to yourself and get yourself back on track :)
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Fire it up, and giver.