Take control of your life!

Options
In February 2017 I was the heaviest in my life. I watched myself gain weight and I didn’t care. That summer I was at 6’6” and 296lbs and had really bad diabetic symptoms. Felt a change was needed or I would not live longer.

I simply ate less. Still not good foods but watched portion size. This brought me down to about 235-240. But I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in December 2017. I then knew I had to do more. I completely re-evaluated my diet and started whole 30 thanks to my wife. Eating healthy and keeping Tracy of my eating habits has changed my life. As of today I am now down to 220. That’s 76lbs.

I feel great. All the diabetic symptoms have completely gone away and it’s amazing. I go for an A1C test in February. If all is good I can be off ALL my medications.

For those who are trying to endure the struggle keep at it and keep a no give up mindset. You have to truly want it to do it.

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    These are the kind of posts I like to read! When someone is able to change their eating habits and get off medications! Nice job! I'm struggling with this so it is inspiring to read stories such as yours! Keep it up and congratulations! :)
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats!