The last 7lbs...

Options
Hi all, first post (eek) but in need of some advice. I've had about 17lbs to lose (all put on in 4 months!) so I can get back down to my weight as it was 7 months ago. I've lost 10lbs (wooo) so am now 140lbs (I'm 5'7") but it's come off pretty gradually over the past 3 months which I'm not complaining about as I didn't want a crash diet however nice losing loads of weight in a small space of time seems. Anyway I got really strict on the 1200 calories 3 weeks ago and really watched my carbs after hitting a plateau and lost 3lb in one week which has happened before or since. I got very excited. But since then, two weeks now, the scales haven't budged. Soooooo...I've done a bit of research and I think zig zagging works for a lot of people. I don't really want to cut more calories as there's much talk of starvation mode on here which sounds not so nice. I thought this might be a good plan:
Monday: 1400
Tuesday:1200
Wednesday:1300
Thursday:1200
Friday:1400
Saturday:1200
Sunday:1200
Just wondering what people thought of this? And also how much people lost whilst zigzagging, especially those of you who are (or were) roughly the same weight and height as me (5'7" and 140lbs). Any advice/tips are much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Heres a link to see what you should have calorie wise while zig zagging, it will work your daily calories out for the week. ive not tried it yet but good luck hun, i am too stuck with the last 7lb.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the site debiP talks about. Another of my mfp friends has busted thru her plateau after a couple of weeks. I've only been doing it 4 days, so haven't lost yet, but the massive blip I had this week from too much pizza and wine has now disappeared! So, all in all I'm hopeful!

Good luck!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a plateau! I would just carry on
  • cappydos
    cappydos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katharube
    Options
    great! thanks guys! although i just looked at my diary (i don't generally look back on it, just take every day as it comes sort of thing) and i reckon i've been zigzagging my way through the past month without realising. So maybe that's the reason for the scales not moving. i think i'll try and stick religiously to the 1200 a day for another couple of weeks and maybe start up a new exercise regime. As was pointed out, I've only been stuck at the weight for 2 weeks. If in another two weeks im not going down, then maybe I'll try and consciously zigag. thanks again for the advice :smile:
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with an earlier post, 2 weeks isn't a plateau, you should keep doing what you were doing, and I can't recommend going below 1200 calories on any day.

Slow off, slow back on :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I would honestly recommend eating more than 1200 a day and see what happens. I'm only 2 inches taller then you at 5'9, and I'm eating 1670 calories a day in order to get my last 7 off. So far its been working... and eventually I'll bump again as I get closer to my goal.
  • SammieRae43
    SammieRae43 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I would honestly recommend eating more than 1200 a day and see what happens. I'm only 2 inches taller then you at 5'9, and I'm eating 1670 calories a day in order to get my last 7 off. So far its been working... and eventually I'll bump again as I get closer to my goal.

I agree. I am 5'7" and have 6 more pounds to get to my goal of 145 and I eat 1700 calories/day and am losing. 1200 seems really low, and definitely lower than your BMR (the number of calories your body needs to perform basic functions- basically what you burn daily if you are in a coma).