Friends to keep each other motivated?

Options
Hi everyone!

My name's Cassandra and I've been using this app pretty successfully for almost 3 months now. I've lost 17 pounds and still enjoy my daily logging, but I guess the "excitement" has worn a bit and it's more routine now.

So I was hoping to find some more friends on here who post daily to help add to the motivation and share in each other's victories! Please feel free to send me a friend request or share more about yourself here!

For more about me:
I'm a 29 year old attorney from Kentucky. I'm married with 3 cats and a dog, all of whom are my rocks. I've recently started a movie blog, and I love video games. I have about 8 more pounds to go to get to my first mini goal.

I don't focus on goals like that too much though, just daily progress!

Replies

• juliaville
    juliaville Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Julia, I’m 38, I live in Los Angeles, I’m married and have a three year old boy, a cat and three dogs.

I love working out but I’ve had a hard time with food the last few years and since having my son can’t seem to get the weight off. I have about 15 lbs I need to lose and would love an accountability partner.
  • sarahmcdjane
    sarahmcdjane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I’m 27 and I live in Ireland. I love meeting new people on MFP, really helps keep me motivated, feel free to add me if you want more support :)
  • princessleia07
    princessleia07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Leah! I’m 40 and live in Downey!!! I’d love to have support and give it!!
  • joelchmielak1
    joelchmielak1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 50 pounds to goal
  • princessleia07
    Options
    Thanks!
  • stephenprust
    stephenprust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy to give support to anyone, may need some myself! Feel free to add me.
  • sjzoda
    sjzoda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sent invitations to everyone so far! Excited to meet everyone and to help each other with the support we all need sometimes :)
  • pierau
    pierau Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Back to MPF and almost strict keto lifestyle. In 2012 I lost 75lb with this lifestyle hit a plateau and have gained and lost the same 10 lbs since then. I have lost those 10 lbs and they are not coming back. I have about 75 lbs more to go.
    Definitely need friends for motivation and support and like to reciprocate.
  • princessleia07
    Options
    I’m in a program at Kaiser! I need to lose a lot! I get discouraged when I just lose a pound a week! I need to train my mind that it’s healthy! Too much a week would be bad!
  • juliaville
    juliaville Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is A LOT!!! You’re doing great!
  • astemas1
    astemas1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm just back at it after a couple of years of not taking care of myself. I'd love to have/provide accountability and support.
  • vguadalupe13
    vguadalupe13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • nailer60
    nailer60 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    add me 80 lbs to go
  • angiesfitadventure
    angiesfitadventure Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you! I’m a Kentucky gal too! Feel free to add me. I love seeing others progressing and working towards their goals and successes. I wish you much luck with your journey!
  • sebboogiedog
    sebboogiedog Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like too
  • twohourshower37
    twohourshower37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this thread can add me!
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Chris, 43 from Washington State. Feel free to send a friend request if you like (open invitation to all) - I try to keep the "why" I am doing this in front of me, try to find little ways each week to improve and truly embrace the idea of a journey versus short-term outcomes. We can learn a lot about who we are when we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings and can use them to our advantage in what ever goal areas we have. Hope you all have a great week!
  • Shadowfox429
    Shadowfox429 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Feel free to add me!
    I’m from New York. I work as a therapeutic riding instructor. It can be a very active job half the time, but the other half is note taking and progress reports. Which means a lot of computer time.
    I am also a student. I try to stay as active as possible to keep fit and feeling strong!
    I have about 8 pounds as well to hit my “goal weight”.
  • klkc2005
    klkc2005 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa from Pennsylvania. I just turned 50, married with 2 kids both in college (my son is going for game design and development). I have 1 dog. i'm 2.8 pounds away from 50 pounds lost. I will send you a friend request if i can figure it out. lol
  • princessleia07
    Options
    Just want to wish everyone a great week!! Remember if feeding discouraged reach out for support!!!