I have finally gotten serious!

Options
Just thought I would introduce myself.. I am a busy married SAHM of a 2 1/2 yr old and a 5month old. It is a struggle everyday to make time for myself, but I am doing it.. I have been obese all my life. I have yo-yoed since I was 16, and I have finally gotten serious about losing weight. I started in June, and I am down 19lbs! I have already hit my first goal (13lbs), my next goal is 38lbs lost ( I call it my ring weight, because my hubby said he would buy me a ring I have wanted forever when I hit this goal).. I have a ton of little goals to hit but my ultimate goal is..160 lbs lost.. But when I break the weight up to smaller goals and set non food rewards for hitting those goals, I don't feel overwhelmed by just seeing that I need to lose 160lbs..
what I am doing: I am trying to eat clean 85% of the time. No processed food, organic when I can find it, no artifical sweetners of any kind, and lots of water. I exercise as often as I can, I shoot for 7 days a week but that doesn't always happen..I don't deprive myself, if i am craving cookies, I try and make them at home with organic things. So far it has been working, but I am only human with 27 years of bad eating habits. I know I will slip and eat fast food, or processed junk, not exercise and not get all my water in, but I will admit it, forget it and move on! I know we can all do this together and be so much healthier!!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Welcome! and congrats on the weight lost already :)
  • jenny_05
    jenny_05 Posts: 16
    Options
    my goal is 140lb to loose, iv got to 9lb so far...GOOD LUCK TO YOU! iv just sent you a friends request :)
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I like the small weight loss goals... i think i will add that to my plan as well. I have done the yo-yo thing but not this time. it is going to be different! My problem is i need to take it a meal at a time. I might screw up at a meal then say to myself, "well i already messed up today so I might as well eat that cake." NO MORE!!! Good attitude and good for you! When you get your ring make sure you put pics of it! We can't wait to celebrate with you!!
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    You have a wonderful outlook! Youre gonna love being a part of this community! Good luck to you, love!
  • clisdelmarie
    clisdelmarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely can relate to you. My husband also set a goal for me that if I have maintained 110lbs for 6 months, he'll buy me the bag that I most wanted. I can actually buy the bag but the motivation and support that my hubby is giving me will really help me to succeed! Good luck to us and to more losing lbs!
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I am a busy married SAHM of a 2 1/2 yr old and a 5month old. It is a struggle everyday to make time for myself, but I am doing it..

Amen mine are about 18 months apart (now 3 and 4) So i know how you feel it's difficult especially at their age!!! Good luck!
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    find "raw" recipes for cookies. i just saw some videos about this on youtube and they are all natural no bake cookies. i plan on trying out some of these recipes but you need a food dehydrator and i don't have one. check it out this might help your cookie craving not be such a guilty treat. :) best of luck, you can so do this girl!! Woo!

here is one video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f4GGlcTwG4
  • maijageorge
    Options
    thank you so much! I am always looking for guilt free recipes...
  • Ettasu
    Ettasu Posts: 3
    Options
    So very proud of you girl!!! You are doing it!! Enjoy the journey!!
  • anneandrews
    Options
    Welcome - I've been here only a week and so far so good. Lots of support and I as well have 100+ pounds to lose and have struggled forever with my weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend - we are all in this together.