Losing weight to boost fertility

Options
Hi all! So I have a fair amount of weight to lose, but found motivation was lacking. Well, I just had my second miscarriage in 6 months and I think that’s the motivation I need to really commit and lose some weight. I have PCOS, which doesn’t help. Would love to add friends for motivation and support!

Replies

• CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; I'm also hoping to start a family so I am losing weight in an effort to have an easier pregnancy if/when that happens :)
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wife and decided to lose weight, and that was 1 of the reason to stick to working out and eating right
  • mrshansberry
    mrshansberry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had a miscarriage on the 13th. Devastated. 2nd miscarriage in a row and 4 all together. Any who making a life style change to help. Add me
  • glennagael
    glennagael Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That is serious strength to pull commitment and motivation out of losses that big. Kudos to you. <3

Haven't been trying for kids but have been exploring how nutrition can balance hormones and reduce PCOS. Jumpstarted that process with the Whole30 program and my period has been regular for the six months since then, for the first time in my life. An anecdotal article about how the author's PCOS cysts vanished on the program inspired me. (https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/What-Like-Do-Whole30-43821608)

Would be happy to friend if you'd like! I try to stay active on this, and my diary is open. I'll be starting the program for the 2nd time in February, this time more for fitness goals, but hopefully will see hormonal improvement. Good luck to you!
  • AngRoux2018
    AngRoux2018 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just have to share as this is very close to my heart. I was told I would never have children, I threw myself into a healthy lifestyle full of all the right foods, supplements and exercise. I lost 25kgs because I wanted to feel better about myself. Without knowing it, I fell pregnant, we only discovered at 9 weeks that I was pregnant, this was a dream come true. Loosing the weight really does boost fertility, and all round feeling great which I believe is just as important. I now have identical twin boys who are happy and health after a very easy pregnancy. Now just to loose the rest of the pregnancy weight.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that losing weight definitely boosts fertility. I have pcos and when I lost 65 lbs I gained my period back, which allowed me to track it all and determine that I wasn't ovulating on my own. I did one round of clomid last January and I now have an almost 4 month old baby girl sleeping next to me.

Also, I didn't eat any certain way and I ate plenty of junk, everything in moderation and a lot of walking. I don't have insulin resistance, though, so ymmv.

Good luck, ladies!
  • minihaak
    minihaak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, You are welcome to add me. I have also had 2 miscarriages in the last 4 months and hubby and I are having a break while I get my body sorted. I am very lucky to have a mischievous 3 year old to keep us very busy.
    I really need to lose at least 10 kilos (if not a bit more) though we have set a time frame of 3 months before we reassess and see if we are ready to try again.

Sending you some big hugs xxoo Miscarriages are hard. They take a toll on your mind, soul and body all at once.