Waist training

Options
To all of the women out there, do any of you waist train along with working out to meet your weight goals? If so what waist products have you found that really work?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I should be more precise. None of the waist training products will help you lose fat and none of the products will lead to any *sustainable* change.

+1
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I should be more precise. None of the waist training products will help you lose fat and none of the products will lead to any *sustainable* change.

That^^
  • dayzeyblue
    dayzeyblue Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also did the waist trainer thing for a minute, more to suppress my appetite by squeezing than anything....which did work some but was not worth the discomfort and constant adjusting. Save your money.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,574 Member
    Options
    I found it difficult to wear Spanx all day - can't imagine one of those contraptions. Yuck
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use corsets, mostly because they are cute and encourage good posture.

They do not cause weight loss.

They do leave your stomach less room to expand, so if your primary problem with your weight is that you overeat at meals, then they will definitely make it easier NOT to overeat because you feel full much faster and you feel miserable if you overeat.

You can accomplish the fuller-faster effect just as easily by drinking 16oz of water before meals, and you don't have to buy or wear anything.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of ab work a couple times a week, weight loss, and hoping for the best :smiley:
  • NethieJ
    NethieJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is it possible this is a typo and you mean weight training?

No I actually meant waist training. I thought it might of been a good idea while working out.
  • NethieJ
    Options
  • NethieJ
    Options
    There are a couple of types of waist trainer
    • the kind that make you sweat and dehydrate - which does nothing for fat loss
    • boned corset type that over time change your body shape - which does nothing for fat loss and can also cause digestive issues.

What does work for fat loss is a calorie deficit, this thread will be useful:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1