NSV - One I had not imagined!

Options
smketchum
smketchum Posts: 94 Member
So today, this 40 year old woman went to the water park with her family and wore a bikini. With confidence! I haven't worn this swimsuit since my honeymoon (5.5 years ago) and even then didn't feel that confident in it. When I married my husband I had been doing Weight Watchers and was near my goal (within a few pounds) but I hadn't been working out. I have been working out regularly now 4 days/week since November and I have noticed such a difference in my body! I can see muscles in my arms and abs, everything is much tighter now, and I feel strong. I actually feel like I can accomplish things I never thought my body could do, like climb the incline in Manitou Springs (done that twice now) and do a mud run (coming up in September).

For me walking around the water park all day in a two-piece bathing suit withouth feeling like I had to suck in my tummy or constantly worry about what angle I was on sitting in the innertube was so huge for me!

I post this not to brag, but to encourage others to keep going. It is a lot of work and some days will bring failure and others will bring success, but not giving up is so worth it! And always, celebrate every victory. Because you are worth it.

Replies

• PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That sounds so great! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I am motivated to the brim to star working out and getting fit again once I can and know when I start my life is going to change forever. I'm really excited and I want to see the benefits you are seeing now :) Well done.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Great post and very well done to you! :smile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yay! good for you - it's ok to toot your own horn when you do something amazing ~
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    that is so wonderful! Congrats to you! I can't wait to get there!
  • loseisthegoal4me
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats - that is wonderful.
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you and girl, shout those NVS's from the rooftops! What you are doing for yourself and your family is AMAZING and each and every success should be celebrated.
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You guys are so great. Thank you for the encouragement. I attribute my success to the support of those around me! We don't have to do this alone.
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!