Trader Joe's?

mckant
mckant Posts: 217 Member
The things people talk about from here sound so good! Unfortunately, there isn't one anywhere near me. Is there anything comparable?

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Where do you live? You need to find a store that supports organic and local foods.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Whole Food, by any chance?
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Trader Joe's is a lot like a specialized grocery store: Think Farm Fresh or Harris Teeter if you're on the East coast.
    The thing about TJ's is, it's their own brand of stuff.. there really isn't anything like it. You could try searching for similar items in your local grocery store, though!
  • Farmer's markets. Local produce stands are the BEST.
  • Kat_1
    Kat_1 Posts: 10 Member
    I drive an hour and a half to shop at TJs.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Trader Joe's is a lot like a specialized grocery store: Think Farm Fresh or Harris Teeter if you're on the East coast.
    The thing about TJ's is, it's their own brand of stuff.. there really isn't anything like it. You could try searching for similar items in your local grocery store, though!

Yup. The produce at TJ's generally stinks. Where they shine is their own packaged foods that are cheaper than name brands and usually all natural. Their frozen foods section is pretty great.
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Organic is good,but you can't rely on putting all you faith in it study up on official nutrition facts ,look at ingredients & nutrition facts when u shop,stay away from excessive sugars,saturated fats,hydrogenated oils,and exercise,I went from 263 -170 pounds, I'm about 7 months ,I've gained sever pounds in lean muscle mass and am at about 6 % body fat,so do your home work! Organic is not the solve all solution,I do shop organic but even organic can a will get u fat with the lack of eating & nutrition knowledge,healthy diet & exercise will prevail,I have pics open to the public,look at what I have accomplished,feel free to add me if u want tips on what helped me with my early midlife crisis @34 yrs old lol good luck every1 & Aloha. 2500803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools