Low calorie meals that actually taste good?

Options
Hello! I’m new to mfp and was wondering if anyone could share any low calorie meals that actually taste good preferably under 300 calories. No pasta dishes thank you!

Replies

• kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hello, my go to meals for dinner are : sweet potato slice in half with cinnamon on the orange side and sea salt on the skin side (110 cals for 130g), green beans with only pepper and spray cooked on stove top- 25 cals for 85g), and Tyson natural grilled nuggets ( 110 for 3oz, I usually do 4oz) this is a whole plate of food and it is pretty good. falls around 300 cals total.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I regularly make meatballs, roasted veggies, and zucchini noodles. This week my meal prep consisted of chicken enchilada zucchini boats, spaghetti squash au gratin, greek salad and chicken, and turkey meatballs. The spaghetti squash dish is the only that has more than 400 calories.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    OMG the possibilities are endless.

I recently made "Unstuffed Cabbage Soup" in the InstantPot (though you don't have to do an instant pot recipe)
    IT WAS DELICIOUS

I've also made my own concoction of: spaghetti squash, chicken (or beef) seasoned with taco seasoning, black beans, with chilies and Mexican spices - baked with a little cheese melted on top. Yum! Was under 300 calories for a filling serving (spaghetti squash is great, like tofu - you can mix it with anything you want. Just don't try to pretend it's JUST LIKE SPAGHETTI - it ain't. LOL)

It's mostly all about how you season it. Even boring grilled chicken can be "yummed up" with the right combination of seasonings. My friend has a strict sodium limitation so she has learned a great deal about making tasty savory meals without salt.
  • LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I get pretty much all my recipes from www.skinnytaste.com - it's free and she posts all the nutrition info, and she has categories if you are looking for something specific like low carb, gluten free, dairy free, etc. Everything I've cooked from there has been super tasty and easy to make.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What tastes good to me doesn't necessarily taste good to you. What do you like? What ingredients are available where you live, what about skills, time, equipment? Breakfast, lunch or dinner? You can adjust the amount of any meal and dish to fit your total daily calorie goal - prelogging is a great tool.