Options
13»

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I haven't read the entire thread yet. But. If you are still a lactating mom 1200 calories a day is way too low! Please talk to your doctor about a reasonable calorie intake for losing weight. This affects your baby's health. Chances are you are definitely eating way over 1200 calories if you're not losing weight. But being a breastfeeding mom your caloric needs are way different than others. Please consult your doctor or nurse practitioner. Or lactation consultant.

I couldn't believe it took near the bottom of page 2 for someone to say this! I sure hope her logging is grossly inaccurate :(

I mentioned it in the 3rd comment.

Yeah I hadn't seen it when I commented; I just freaked out at the first post mentioning nursing and only 1200 calories. Yikes!!!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I haven't read the entire thread yet. But. If you are still a lactating mom 1200 calories a day is way too low! Please talk to your doctor about a reasonable calorie intake for losing weight. This affects your baby's health. Chances are you are definitely eating way over 1200 calories if you're not losing weight. But being a breastfeeding mom your caloric needs are way different than others. Please consult your doctor or nurse practitioner. Or lactation consultant.

My guess is that her 18-month old, while still nursing is also eating other foods. Her actual milk production may have already been reduced as a result of that.... I do agree with you, just pointing out that her body is likely not providing the full nutrition for her child. I agree that a chat with her lactation consultant is in order.
  • everyusernamewastakenso
    Options
    You said you are eating around 50-60 carbs I’m assuming from vegetables. Am I wrong? I’m also curious on how regular are you? How is your fiber intake? To low and you won’t go, however drastically upping intake causes issues as well. It takes a while to adjust to fiber which could be your issue. Honestly at this stage I’m just guessing since you didnt say where your carbs are coming from.
  • rainbowcoatl
    rainbowcoatl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale and weigh everything girl. Eyeballing doesnt work. Volume measuring is *kitten* too. Weigh everything by the gram. Come back again in 2 weeks after doing that and following 1200 calories and report. Otherwise I'm calling you out that your simply either not measuring what you eat and underestimating the calories in each item, or your not logging everything because a lot of people run the mental gymnastics that if it's not logged then it doesn't count (except it does because your body will count it if you don't).
  • rachelpauline93
    rachelpauline93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I second, third and fourth the food scale advice! It's really hard to measure accurately without it and it's the only way I've been able to lose weight at a good pace, personally.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to see a little of the OP's reactions, to some of the splendid advice posted here. Namely, weigh and track honestly.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    chill2525 wrote: »
    After trying to loose weight and get fit on my own I gave up and have a wonderful trainer and am working out 5 x week. Imagine my amazement when she told me (and explained why) I was not loosing weight. NOT ENOUGH CALORIES. You can google it but think "concentration camp". When you don't get enough calories, your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto every bit of fat it can. Once it finishes canabalizng your muscle, only then does it start using fat. Nursing uses a lot of calories so check that out too,

Your 'wonderful trainer' sounds like they have no clue whatsoever.
    Not eating enough calories is never a reason to not be losing weight, its always because we are eating more than we think.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Wait OP said she lost 10lbs in a month which is amazing! How is losing 10lbs not losing weight?