Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I'm doing a muscle & strength full body dumbbell routine from this link, as well as running 3x a week and cycling 2/3 x a week.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts 2x a week(so I can do it with my partner ),run c210k 3x a week and do yoga with Adriene everyday.

Haven't felt 100 %last few days so missed a work out but that's my normal routine.

Also hike on weekends when I can.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I lift 5x a week with an upper/lower split.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just about to start a new Sheiko intermediate powerlifting lifting program.

5x per week. 26 week program with a 12 week peaking cycle following a 14 week volume and hypertrophy phase. If I remember it correctly.

Just waiting to get home from camp. Will hinder my progress unfortunately..
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I do 30-40 minutes of cardio most days and switch between doing upper and lower body weight stuff depending on the evenings I am also skating (I avoid doing legs that day or the morning after). I just do 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps of 5-7 things that I feel like I want to do. I'm not growing a ton of muscle because I haven't really integrated any progressive overload but I am trim. Sundays I go on a long hike.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week, lift weights 2-3 days a week, and do 2 circuits a week whenever I can fit them in.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    wishlady2 wrote: »
    Try Tabata and see how 20 seconds can kick your butt, but it is great when you can do the full 4 minutes, then 8, 16 and hitting those milestones are awesome.
    I have just started it myself, mine is Squats, lunges, modified pushups, and high knees.

Sorry but I’d rather lift weights :/

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I’m doing Fitness Blender workouts: bodyweight strength three times a week, cardio three times, and agility\speed drills once. I also do one of their stretching/yoga videos every night. When the snow is gone, I plan to replace the cardio videos with running. I’m also planning on moving from body weight to dumbbells in the next month or so.
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift and probably will for 2 months, but once it warms up I plan on starting running again and doing heavy weights 3 times a week. I just had surgery a month ago so I'm laying off the weights a little while longer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I mostly cycle and I lift 2-3x per week.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I'm working through "Starting Strength" lifts Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Mondays I go to Zumba, Wednesdays I have yoga, and I'm thinking about making the Friday night spin class a regular event, but it's not a firm commitment yet.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am doing the program in the book Strong (schuler/cosgrove). I am also running 3x/week and intend to do some yoga/stretching more than I am.

I really like the program in Strong and feel like I have mentioned it so many times in these forums that people are going to think I am paid to promote it. Haha.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have my trainer (one who is familiar with my sport and its needs) put together a plan for me - we never actually workout together, he just puts something together based on my guidance and goals.

Upcoming plan is going to be:
    Weeks 1 and 3: Cardio and ST split M/W/F; Muscle endurance T/R
    Weeks 2 and 4: Cross Fit style workouts, ST base M/W/F, cardio based T/R
    Week 5: One day of long cardio (hour plus) and then light versions of Weeks 1-4 the other four days (basically a "rest" week).

Most workouts should last 90-120 minutes including stretching for about 15 min.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    5X week weight lifting, running a DUP program created by my coach. Yoga on Tuesday. Walking every day.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    wishlady2 wrote: »
    Try Tabata and see how 20 seconds can kick your butt, but it is great when you can do the full 4 minutes, then 8, 16 and hitting those milestones are awesome.
    I have just started it myself, mine is Squats, lunges, modified pushups, and high knees.

Except that on that list only high knees might even qualify as a Tabata profile activity.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    In season (not now :( ): M-W-F-Sa on-water rowing, hour and a half or so. Tu-Th spin class. Random biking, walking, canoeing, kayaking.

Off-season: Unhappiness, doldrums, procrastination, excuses, Tu-Th spin class, W rowing team practice (rowing machines), fill-in other days with weight training, rowing machine at home, the occasional swim. (At least I'm honest. ;) )

Sunday pretty much always rest day, sometimes active rest. Daily or near-daily morning yoga & stretching (20-30 minutes), though in spurts.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Anyone keen to share workout routines?

Depends what you want to achieve.

Right now I'm on a four day running cycle, and trying to fit in a fifth day of cross training.

Tuesday/ Wednesday are short runs of 10-16K each and Sat/ Sun are longs. They'll be anything from 16K to 32K each day, giving me generally at least 40K over the weekend, peaking at 80K over the weekend.

I'm trying to fit in a turbo session as well, but my work diary is grim at the moment.

In terms of objectives, I've got 10 races this season, including 4 short ultras and 2 double marathons.

• YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Right now
    M, W, F- Spin 90-120 minutes, weights
    T, Th- Swim 3 miles
    Sat- each swimming for 4 hours
    Sun- Rest

Starting in Feb I will be training for a half marathon so walking/running after I teach