Former Ballerina fighting for her body back!

Options
Hello all! My name is Chyna. I am a former ballerina who is looking to get back in shape. I describe my situation on my page, but long story short I stopped dancing after I gained a little weight after puberty(and strange asthma medication they put me on caused me to gain a bit). I was teased in class and felt SO self-conscience that I simply quit. It broke my heart and gave me quite a few complexes, but I've gotten most of my confidence back since 10 years ago.

I reached 202 pounds 5 months ago and it was SUCH a wake up call. I'm 5'10, and it may not seem like a lot for my height, but I was used to being strong and having stamina. I was left with nothing.

Since then I've lost 15lbs and would like to kick it up a notch with MFP. My body is now able to start training like I was before so here we go! I'm going to be 24 next month and I am NOT letting my life pass me by! It's nice to meet you all!

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hi Chyna, welcome to MFP- this is a great place to be :-)

Best of luck with your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • joanismith
    Options
    Hi, I am in moderate pain all day and my mobility is restricted. I am overweight and have started out on my fitness plan. I was looking thro the posts and read yours. Excercising!!! As I sit for most of the day because of Severe arthritis and fibromyalgia among other things, excercise as most people know it, would be impossible for me. When my daughter signed my up to this plan she filled in the form accordingly. Basically I am very sedate and do no excercise at all, there fore was awarded 1,200 calories for a day to merely exist!. She told me that if for instance I some light housework (which I do in pain) I should put it down as excercise. Also ironing, she told me the calories allowed were for just existing! I could barely get through the day on just 1,200. I would like your opinion of my 'excercises', I am feeling less hungry now that I have addred these feeble excuses for excercise, and can enjoy a little more with the earned extra colories! Regards - Joani, retired older person!
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Best of luck on your goals you are going to find great people on here that will help and motivate you.

Have fun and bring it!
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you very much! I'm already liking it here! :)

C