Can myfitnesspal be put on vacation mode for a couple weeks?

Options
ebygin
ebygin Posts: 13 Member
I track my food and exercises everyday, but I am going on holidays next month. I will not have access to a computer or internet for the time that I am gone, so will not be able to input my food and exercise info. If I stop using myfitnesspal for 3 weeks, will this affect any stats or weight loss goals? Or, do I just carry on with tracking everything once I get home?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You can certainly choose not to log while you're on holiday. The website and app will be right where you left it when you get back. You may not lose any weight while you're not tracking. Your settings will not be affected.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just log back on when you get home and pick up where you left off at. The worst that can happen is you lose your daily streak but that can easily be fixed by emailing support. ( It's meaningless really because anyone can just email them and have it set up to whatever amount of days they claim to have logged in a row)
  • ebygin
    ebygin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I won't worry about it then... I will weigh myself one last time just before I head out and then again when I return and will log those numbers. Hoping I will be able to maintain my weight during the holiday. Thanks again for your answers. :)
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Your Day Streak'll reset, to 0 but you're able, to correct it here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you have the app on your phone you don't need internet connection to log in or track any foods that are already on your list. Its only new food searches that you wont be able to do.

3 weeks of not logging wont derail you anyway in the grand scheme of things once your back to logging all will be well. If you want to maintain your weight you will have to be mindful still about how much you eat when away.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You could always keep a little handwritten notebook of what you're eating while on vacation. Then enter it all when you return on those past days. I mean, if the records of it all were really important to you.