Trying to get back on track

Options
Hi,
This is the first time I am posting.... I have been struggling with depression, eating desorder, adhd, Epstein Barr virus for awhile now...
I started medication almost 2 years ago. At first it seemed to work well and I lost a ton of weight and was feeling great. But depression is like being on a roller coaster. The more I go the more I feel alone and it’s a vicious cycle. I used to train 5 times a week and now I feel like a couch potatoe with 20 extra pounds. I have no energy and even the therapy I am following doesn’t have a major impact.
Plus, I think that leaving in NY is a bit tough. It’s difficult to make friends. I tried the WW meetings once but it was really boring and not motivating at all for me...
Well, I really want to succeed and get back on my feet and feel good.
I also saw a dietitian but she was not really helpful. She recommended me some food I can’t eat. Low fat cheese sticks...for me it’s not food but junk

Replies

• MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Baby steps, this is not a race but a journey. MFP has a great support network, best of luck with your weight loss journey!
  • patounyc2016
    patounyc2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Build habits, link them into routines. Eat a variety of foods you like, don't eat too much, don't be picky, challenge your comfort zone, start walking. If walking is boring, start running.
  • patounyc2016
    Options
    Thanks. I am French so I am used to eat a variety of food and 90% homemade. You are true, I need to start walking again, but it’s for now so difficult to even dress up...
  • MrsAmandaBrooksHalligan
    Options
    Hang in there! You’re doing good! Stay positive and you will make all your goals!
  • patounyc2016
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for your kind words! This helps to motivate me and see that I am not alone.