Anti-inflammatory diet and/or food lists

Options
2»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Tried it years ago. Never worked. It's a placebo if anything.

I found with my case(autoimmune disease) that by reducing stress in life, it reduces the flares.

Stress reducers: Divorce, heavy lifting, running etc...

Same. I've never found dietary interventions to be helpful. Regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight on the other hand? Very helpful.

I also have autoimmune issues.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Getting recommendations for a possible medical condition on a general fitness site like this is rather pointless and potentially dangerous. Physios are not able to diagnose such conditions either but can certainly recommend you look into this. The only thing that makes sense here is to have a proper diagnosis by a MD and then treatment with diet would come from a qualified RD.
  • zoepenna1987
    zoepenna1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suffer from fibromylgia. I believe in eating healthy, regular exercise and turmeric has helped me alot!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    check out the blood type diet.

blood type diet has no bearing on anything. its just another gimmick as many people can eat for their blood type and still have issues. your blood type has nothing to do with how you can or cannot digest foods,what you are allergic to and so on,

Well I thought I'd share as it works well for me and I have A LOT of intolerances. My body is very sensitive. I found that all the foods I'm intolerant to are actually in the avoid section of the book. Do you have any better suggestions?

A lady I acted with told me that the blood type diet helped her a ton so it's awesome that it works for some people I have never tried it but maybe I should look into it since I keep hearing positive things about it.

guess you missed the post where its been debunked?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    check out the blood type diet.

blood type diet has no bearing on anything. its just another gimmick as many people can eat for their blood type and still have issues. your blood type has nothing to do with how you can or cannot digest foods,what you are allergic to and so on,

Well I thought I'd share as it works well for me and I have A LOT of intolerances. My body is very sensitive. I found that all the foods I'm intolerant to are actually in the avoid section of the book. Do you have any better suggestions?

A lady I acted with told me that the blood type diet helped her a ton so it's awesome that it works for some people I have never tried it but maybe I should look into it since I keep hearing positive things about it.

guess you missed the post where its been debunked?

Blood type and body type diets are complete wacko pseudo-science yet still have a lot of followers. You can never defeat bad science or even non-science that sounds like science.
  • fitandpainfree
    fitandpainfree Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Again, thanks all! I did more research and have a sort of plan to implement. I also have a pretty good list made that has been adopted from several lists which I found by cross-referencing consistent info in many articles ect. I am planning a shopping trip this week after I take my info/ideas to both my GP and PT drs for a consult. My plan is to go slow and eliminate and then re-introduce and so on and so on, to see if there are any trigger foods etc. I already cleared most of the fridge/pantry of items that are consistently on the "do not eat" list. These changes and my plan seem "do-able" in my mind so I'm hopeful.
    So again a big THANK YOU to all who took the time to post their ideas and thoughts. Much appreciated.