Any ideas to help curb the late night carb cravings??

Options
Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of cereal before bed but that is probably not what you want
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I eat. Something light. Such as: a small apple and string cheese or peanut butter on a high fiber muffin or Dave's killer bread. A mix of some carbs and some protein.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually save out some calories to eat a snack or whatever I am hungry for at night-
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated

That did not happen in my case until I limited daily carbs to 50 or fewer grams daily for 30 days. After that point three years ago the carb cravings left and my health recover started and still continues today.

What helped me was I realized I was hooked on carbs and in Denial about it. Yes it was hard to go off all highly processed carb foods but I was facing death on my current WOE so that cut my options down to Try Something Different and do it now.

Would what I did work in your case? I do not have a clue but I know it has been working for the past three years in my case. Best of success in finding the macro that cuts out your controlling carb cravings. It is doable I found.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Fruit! I find that I have 0 cravings as well when I have smaller meals throughout the day rather than 3 big ones
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake that I really enjoy it tastes sweet enough to satisfy the craving and it has 21 grams of protein so it fills me up.
  • atwoka99
    atwoka99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat past 7 and i’m in bed by 8:30 everynight. But what helps my cravings is lemon water or celery & peanutbutter.