Vegetarian freezer meals - recipes anyone?

Options
AmyOutOfControl
AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
I had a week off work and decided to make a few freezer meals for the days I get home from work late and tired. It has been fantastic not to have to cook this week! I am looking for more vegetarian recipes I can make on the weekends and freeze ahead for the week. So far I've made:
  • artichoke and spinach stuffed shells
  • sweet potato and black bean enchiladas
  • barley and vegetable slow cooker soup
  • spinach quiche
  • black bean veggie burgers

Does anyone have any freezer meals they have tried and liked?

Replies

• thomo2105
    thomo2105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you share the black bean burger recipe
  • Bailey00030
    Bailey00030 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Crustless veggie quiche is great for breakfast,lunch or dinner. I make a bunch in my muffin pan and they freeze beautifully. Also rice/beans and black bean chili freeze well.
  • coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bake sweet pototoes, wrap in foil individually and freeze. Make brown rice portion it out individually and wrap in cling wrap or a ziploc and freeze. Just add a side of your favorite frozen veggie and you've got a meal
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    *I freeze several veggie patties ( I use Morgans Veggie Patty recipe from Guy Fierri. Lots of flavor and freeze well without falling apart on cooking).
    *I make a squash and bean green chile that freezes well and is great with a hunk of corn bread.
    I found a Clean Eating recipe for sweet potatoes, mushrooms and spinach with barley cooked in veg stock.Freezes great. Great with anything or on its own.
    *I freeze my own veggie taco filler by individually freezing a cpl colors of bell peppers,onion, drained and rinsed black beans, roasted corn cut from the cob and seasonings and toss together in zip bag. I fill a shell with that, top with avocado and jalapeno salsa. This is a go to when I'm pressed for time. Its a decent burrito too with avo, roasted green chile, bean sprouts, etc.Even in scrambled egg white in the a.m.
    *We freeze plain yogurt cups with cut up fruit or puree stirred in. Seal with plasti wrap.
    *I make carrot cake balls, high in carrot and spice with a bit of honey. They freeze ok well sealed, thaw in a flash and have saved me from the rocky road.
    *My eldest daughter is omni and I make salmon patties with pureed veggies, egg white and Old Bay. They freeze well and she likes them in place of beef on a burger bun. She says they rock on pasta with cherry tomatoes, parm and parsely with olive oil and lemon ( always nice to have input as you post lol)
    *Love freezer meals especially since I cook for omni family at the same time.