Wanting Friends and accountability!!

Options
Hey Everyone!

I am 27 Female from Canada! I have had my fitness pal app for just about 10 years. I have used it on and off since. Well since having kids my weight has taken a toll on me and I am ready for a new chapter of my life. August 2017 I was accepted into the Bariatric program at our local hospital. I have re downloaded the app and love the new changes to it. I have been starting to track my food all the time. It is a lot easier now to track food. I am hoping in the next 6 months I get can my bariatric surgery that I am needing/wanting. I want to be a better mom for my kids and have more self esteem/feel better in my own body!!! I have had multiple opinions from people regarding bariatric surgery.... also didn't have the greatest support in the beginning. BUT I am pushing through and I am excited for the changes.
I am wanting people to talk to going through the weight loss journey and make new friends along the way. I would love to talk to anyone too who is at any part of your weight loss journey.

My heaviest weight was 310 pounds
Current weight : 280
Goal weight: Healthy and feeling good!!

Replies

• mandermcbutterpants
    Options
    Hey there! I hope you’re still on MFP. I had Gastric Bypass on 1/2/2018. I’d love to walk through this adventure with you!
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your new life !
  • mygirlchandler
    mygirlchandler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone around in the process of bariatric surgery? I had my first appointment yesterday. I really liked the doctor and loved the dietician. I have had a great morning with following my plan. Last night, I didn't eat when I woke up like I normally do.

I'm 43 years old.
    CW 209
    SW 215
    GW 130 (pictured as my profile pic)

They made everything seem easy!

Hope to make some friends and bounce questions off of people!
  • Robertamccann
    Robertamccann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I had surgery December 14th!