Just started my weight loss journey

Options
I am 30 years old and I currently weight at 253 pounds. I started my weight loss journey a week ago. I was 260 pounds when I started but I’ve lost 6.6 pounds so far.

My goal weight is to weight between 143 and 154 pounds. I have an important occasion I’d like to attend on the 01/07 so I am challenging myself to lose the weight and reach my goal weight by the end of June this year which is less than 6 months now.

It’s gonna be a huge challenge for me but I am going to do it

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Your first week of weight loss is generally mostly water weight, hence the large number. Instead of setting yourself goals that are considered overly aggressive, aim for a moderate weight loss goal (2 lbs per week). You will have a better chance of succeeding in the long run.
    Good luck :)
  • Happygirl95148
    Happygirl95148 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome and you can do it good luck
  • Kestyn17
    Kestyn17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lyn301626 wrote: »
    I am 30 years old and I currently weight at 253 pounds. I started my weight loss journey a week ago. I was 260 pounds when I started but I’ve lost 6.6 pounds so far.

My goal weight is to weight between 143 and 154 pounds. I have an important occasion I’d like to attend on the 01/07 so I am challenging myself to lose the weight and reach my goal weight by the end of June this year which is less than 6 months now.

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey. I agree with setting not-too-lofty goals at first. Nothing feels worse than thinking you've failed at some difficult goal. It can sure lead to an off the wagon moment.