What’s your go to salty snack?

Options
I love Kalamata olives to satisfy my salt cravings. Obviously these are higher in calorie for a decent amount and kind of expensive. I’m looking for other ideas!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Whole dill pickles. Mmmmmm
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Nice volume.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Second on the popcorn! ( salt and a little microplaned parmesan or pecorino makes it fabulous!)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Salted sliced radishes! Toasted seaweed - you can find this at Asian markets. Low fat feta cheese - 35 cal / oz, very low for cheese. Artichoke hearts.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    Right now, my top favorite: Enlightened brand crispy broad beans, mesquite flavor. 100 calories, 7g protein in 28g.

But pickles of all sorts, sauerkraut, kim chi, crispy chickpeas and puppodums are also good. I go through phases. Oh, and a few wheels of pasta para duros dipped in water then a mix of chili powder/popcorn salt, and microwaved, are tasty, too.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Pickles mmmmmmmmm. Yum. I love the Vlasic mini dill pickles.

I also like rice cakes and you can add some toppings to make it interesting. Start with a plain salted rice cake and add things like

marinara, mini pepperoni and parmesan
    hummus, turkey and tomato
    cream cheese, smoked salmon, red onion
    bean dip, chicken, salsa
    peanut butter and jelly
    roast beef, sauerkraut, provolone
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Pretzels or popcorn they're my favorite salty snack
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh all these ideas are making me so hungry! I can’t wait to try some of these! Love me some salt!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Psalm1139 wrote: »
    Pretzel sticks. I feel like popcorn is hard to get a calorie count, and without butter it's just disappointing (although I do eat it for some snack variety). Pretzel sticks give you 50+ pretzel sticks per serving, for like 110 calories if I remember correctly. You can make that last a long time! I always try to make my evening snacks last for a long time so I don't get bored and grab another one and blow my calories. I also save a lot of calories for the evening most of the time, and have a nice variety (cheese stick, pretzel sticks, frozen berries, and a square of dark chocolate most nights) every evening while I watch TV.

Oh my gosh, butter is a given when I make popcorn! Calculating calorie count is easy. Weight out the kernels before popping. :)
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Salt and vinegar almonds! Though I have to carefully count those suckers because I could easily overdo it...
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to popcorn without butter. I can eat it lightly salted just fine. I think it's the crunch that gets me going. And now that I found out I can have a fairly large portion without doing too much calorie damage I'm happy!
  • Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Psalm1139 wrote: »
    Pretzel sticks. I feel like popcorn is hard to get a calorie count, and without butter it's just disappointing (although I do eat it for some snack variety). Pretzel sticks give you 50+ pretzel sticks per serving, for like 110 calories if I remember correctly. You can make that last a long time! I always try to make my evening snacks last for a long time so I don't get bored and grab another one and blow my calories. I also save a lot of calories for the evening most of the time, and have a nice variety (cheese stick, pretzel sticks, frozen berries, and a square of dark chocolate most nights) every evening while I watch TV.

Oh my gosh, butter is a given when I make popcorn! Calculating calorie count is easy. Weight out the kernels before popping. :)

I never thought of that lol. I mean I know I can weigh the kernals but I never thought of popping mine separately from my husband's so I can count it...
  • southernmuscle29
    southernmuscle29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lightly salted almonds with sea salt!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Toasted nori (seaweed) treats. Yummy, nutritious, and so low in cals!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas...they are crunchy, salty and spicy :)
  • Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In an another thread someone suggested Veggie Straws, which are delicious, and like pretzel sticks you get a lot per serving.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Well, when a proper craving hits then rather than go through all healthy snacks trying to satisfy the need for a salty crunch. I just go for what my mind wants and give in and eat a packet of Crisps (potato chips for those across the water ;) ) ... it means I have to juggle my food a bit for the day to make up for the calories, fat and salt increase .. .but ultimately its far more satisfying and quells that crave for a lot longer
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    epwh2h4oj1y2.jpg

^^^ This is my #1 choice but first of a very long list of salted snacks including nuts. Sweets (candy) not a big thing for me at all and a bar of chocolate lasts days but savoury snacks are my delicious temptation and weakness. I fit one in every day.

My M-I-L is a bit of a feeder and buys me big bags of salted cashew nuts. It's a good test of self control because I could eat the whole 2,500 calorie bag as a snack with no problem at all.