What was your turn around point/event/realization?

Options
For me it was when I realized I haven't seen my collor bones in 4 years. Thats my goal - I want to see them again!

Replies

• theoesque
    theoesque Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh - when my stomach sticks out far enough that it made my shirts tight, or my boobs got too big for my regular bras - also, really not into how my face looks when I'm heavier, so I noticed that too.
  • AndreaRM0917
    AndreaRM0917 Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My realization/event/and turn around point was finding out I had diabetes. Then I thought I had been wanting to lose weight for the last 2 years anyway but, had no energy to do it until I was given that recent diagnosis. Hearing I had diabetes made me think twice about my life and really want to change it with better eating habits, which then had me think it's time to lose the weight! :)
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just was fed up with jojo dieting and putting weight back on, felt like being overweight consumed my life and brain as a constant background noise. And then I had an 'eureka' moment, something just clicked and I lost 50pounds. Now after 6month stagnation I got that 'umpf' back one day and it's been 2 weeks back on battling the last 20pounds! Sounds so silly, but it really was like I woke up and a new life started.
  • LifeStyleIT
    LifeStyleIT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When my doctor looked me in the eye and said - you’re literally at the upper limit of the blood pressure medication I can prescribe you. You’re on your own now.

That worked...
  • stephenprust
    stephenprust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When the jeans size went up to 40 inch waste. Decided to loose the flab and get fit. Glad to say the 40 inch jeans are now loose and needing a belt to hold them up!