day 3 @ the gym

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
Tonight was a pretty good workout. My husband couldn't join because he didn't register the kids for childcare at the gym so instead of sitting at home with him because he didn't do what he was supposed to I left him at home (yes I did) and hit the gym solo- I didn't work my legs tonight I did straight cardio and burned 650 calories so it was a good night- My goal at the gym is 600-700 calories so Im happy with my calorie burn-- Now its time to hit the shower

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    Tonight was a pretty good workout. My husband couldn't join because he didn't register the kids for childcare at the gym so instead of sitting at home with him because he didn't do what he was supposed to I left him at home (yes I did) and hit the gym solo- I didn't work my legs tonight I did straight cardio and burned 650 calories so it was a good night- My goal at the gym is 600-700 calories so Im happy with my calorie burn-- Now its time to hit the shower
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    way to go!
    its always hard for me to motivate myself to go when the gym buddy bails.
  • ggooding12
    Options
    Good for you. It gets easier the older your kids get. If they are young it's nice to have a supportive husband. Then, he can go after you get back until he registers them.
  • aasta
    aasta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It is all about you, and doing it for yourself! Sometimes you just have to be a bit "selfish". If you wait and don't do it.... you only have yourself to blame. Keep up the great work!!!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Oh I am soley doing it for me. But he is my gym partner-- Basically me going without him will motivate him to register the kids like he is supposed to - I will put money on it he registers the kids tomorrow so he can join me at the gym..
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I trying to decide wether or not to sign up for curves. My hubby is being really supportive, but I am afraid I will join and pay the money and not go. I am nervous about working out in public. How do those of you handle going by yourself???
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    Great job!!! I trying to decide wether or not to sign up for curves. My hubby is being really supportive, but I am afraid I will join and pay the money and not go. I am nervous about working out in public. How do those of you handle going by yourself???

I was a member of curves for awhile and it was fine because it was all women, however it sucks because they offer no child-care or anything while you work out so I had to stop going :cry:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That is the only thing I don't like about it! my hubby is like you can go after dinner, but not sure I want to go after dinner, its my biggiest meal of the day. Maybe it will make me eat less. Who knows!!

Thanks
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Im used to being alone all the time my husband is always deployed. So being alone isn't anything new to me. But I just did it.. I didnt want to pay for the gym so we use the gym on post it is free and all we have to do is pay for the childcare.

I want to lose 20-25lbs and he wants to gain 20-25lbs