Help! Looking for support and motivation!

Options
Hi! I'm Lisa. I'm 46 years old and must lose 100+ pounds. It's overwhelming! I'm going through a lot in my personal life and just want to feel better and look better and be healthy! I don't want to hurt anymore! Physically or emotionally! I would love some friends through this journey!

Replies

• kayladawes94
    kayladawes94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you’re going through quite a lot at the moment. Try and use that as your strength to push through your work outs. You can do this. Once you start seeing results, it’ll become an addiction, I believe that you can do this.

I don’t know if you’re in the same boat as me but I already know what giving up feels like, but I want to see what happens if I don’t. Xx
  • lisadicken805
    lisadicken805 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I so needed this today!! I joined MFP about 2 years ago. I start over every few months, and I never even last a week! I've managed to put on another 25+ pounds since I first joined. No more!! This is the time!! You're right!! I can do this!! WE can do this!! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! It really means so much!!
  • zoelina
    zoelina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    U can add me
  • marthacats
    marthacats Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me! We can do this.
  • TerreK
    TerreK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! I’d love some shared motivation too....I’ve lost 35#, hit my goal..then gain 10 back! Ughhh....I wanna go for 30# more... Let’s do this!!!!!
    TerreK
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Looking for support. I hope you guys will add me as well.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just decided to do this again after a long hiatus - almost 2 years. I’d love support too. I love to exercise but need help with food! Any problem in my life & I eat!
  • skpat22
    skpat22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I, too, have started over again and again and again. This time I said no more! I gained quite a bit of weight and this first effort I am trying to achieve my first goal of 30 pounds! Feel free to add me :)
  • Navyspouse12
    Navyspouse12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think that your final goal is kinda overwhelming to you. Take smaller more manageable goals of let’s say 10 pounds lost by a certain date. Once that’s done put another 10 pound goal tor another date and so forth, in the end you will lose the whole 100 but won’t be so focused on the #. I lost 90 pounds 15 years ago and have kept it off using the same method. Now if I could lose the last 30!