Anyone use this to track fitness during pregnancy?

Options
hnebne5
hnebne5 Posts: 1 Member
I've just reached the end of my first trimester, so now I really need to make sure I'm gaining half a pound to a pound a week, while staying active. Anyone have any good pointers on using this app smartly to account for fitness during pregnancy? TIA!

Replies

• mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I’m 17 weeks here! I eat maintenance calories (because I’m already overweight for my pregnancy), track my workout calories with my Fitbit, and eat half of those calories back. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hnebne5 wrote: »
    I've just reached the end of my first trimester, so now I really need to make sure I'm gaining half a pound to a pound a week, while staying active. Anyone have any good pointers on using this app smartly to account for fitness during pregnancy? TIA!

Were you told you needed to gain 1/2-1lb per week? a healthy pregnancy usually only requires around 25lbs gain in total.

Set the app here to maintain your weight until the last trimester, then set it to gain 0.5lb. We do not need to 'eat for two' whilst pregnant for a healthy baby.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Assuming OP 1st trimester no weight gained.

1lb/week in 2nd/3rd trimesters max 28lb gain.

Acceptable weight gain, healthy BMI, is 25 to 32 lbs.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your impending bundle of joy!

I found this thread for calorie counting while pregnant extremely useful, and easy to understand:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I also enjoyed participating in the fit, fabulous, and pregnant group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    A "healthy" pregnancy can have a HUGE weight range; only worry about weight if you dr tells you to; otherwise eat what you want within reason. Congrats on your pregnancy :)