One Day Challenge - August 10, 2011.... Don't miss!

Options
They call it a challenge for a reason! =) This is NOT going to be easy!

The challenge is for this Wednesday, August 10, 2011. A friend and I were talking about trying a one day challenge to see how hard it would be.

Eating 1200 calories AND burning 1200 calories in the SAME day!

No cheating & wearing your HRM all day long... These have to be calories that you are TRYING to burn.
For the purpose of this challenge, cooking, cleaning the house, etc doesn't count. These calories have to have exercise calories such as walking, push-ups, lifting weights etc.

We CAN do this! Who's in?

Replies

• MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    im in
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Go out for a bike ride for 2 hours, you'll burn 1200 calories. Just make sure you drink a lot of water that day.

What you're doing is not recommended since you're supposed to eat your exercise calories. Your body will go into starvation mode and start burning muscle. You will lose water weight that way, but I don't think you're doing yourself any real good by doing this.

You're better off burning 1200 calories and eating back about 800 of them in slow and healthy portions throughout the day.

Just my cents!

- Mike
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can TRYY, but I dunno know if I could pull it off D:.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think I can, I think I can!
  • Leighanne9
    Options
    Count me in...
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    We can do this. No HRM all day long. I am going to preplan my day. Starting early in the morning before it gets too hot. We are going to do this! I better plan my diet, any suggestions there. Poor eating could mess this up.
  • truchamp06
    truchamp06 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Burning 1200 cals.. No problem.. Eating only 1200 cals. WHEW i will try my hardest * _*
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Go out for a bike ride for 2 hours, you'll burn 1200 calories. Just make sure you drink a lot of water that day.

What you're doing is not recommended since you're supposed to eat your exercise calories. Your body will go into starvation mode and start burning muscle. You will lose water weight that way, but I don't think you're doing yourself any real good by doing this.

You're better off burning 1200 calories and eating back about 800 of them in slow and healthy portions throughout the day.

Just my cents!

- Mike

You are not wrong Mike, but this isn't a lifestyle change. It's a Day Challenge, and expectations are to reach that goal for the day, not to meet a weight loss goal based upon the efforts for that day. :) I do need to be reminded to drink water though. Thanks :).
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We can do this. No HRM all day long. I am going to preplan my day. Starting early in the morning before it gets too hot. We are going to do this! I better plan my diet, any suggestions there. Poor eating could mess this up.

That's a GREAT idea! I'm glad someone thought of that, because if I don't plan ahead for that day I'll have gone over for sure! =P
    You can look at my Wednesday if you want. I may change a few things though... Left some calories out so I can some room for "snacks" I might find that day.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options

That's a GREAT idea! I'm glad someone thought of that, because if I don't plan ahead for that day I'll have gone over for sure! =P
    You can look at my Wednesday if you want. I may change a few things though... Left some calories out so I can some room for "snacks" I might find that day.
    OMG girl, you even worked in some Applebee's! AMAZING. I think I will be eating a lot of peanut butter, fruits and veggies, and cereal. Multi Vitamin to make sure I get what I need, and skinny cow icecream at the end of the day for a job well done. :)
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    COULD i POSSIBLY DO IT ON TUESDAY I WORK WEDNESDAY AND THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO BURN THAT MANY CALORIES AT WORK! I REALLY WANT TO TRY!
  • richardmbunn
    richardmbunn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in. Only thing is as a guy I can't healthily go lower than 1500 cals so I'm gonna have to stick to that for the day. Hope that's ok by you all.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    COULD i POSSIBLY DO IT ON TUESDAY I WORK WEDNESDAY AND THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO BURN THAT MANY CALORIES AT WORK! I REALLY WANT TO TRY!

sure... but give us the results at the end of Wednesday
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    im in :)
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Go it! I will add it Wednesday but do it on Tuesday!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    So excited for Wednesday! =)... I have Physical Therapy & I think I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred twice (because i can't do the 30DS on thrusday)! i wonder how many calories all that working out will burn =P Maybe go for a walk, or do crunches while watching a movie?

What do all of you plan to do in order to burn those 1200 calories?
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So excited for Wednesday! =)... I have Physical Therapy & I think I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred twice (because i can't do the 30DS on thrusday)! i wonder how many calories all that working out will burn =P Maybe go for a walk, or do crunches while watching a movie?

What do all of you plan to do in order to burn those 1200 calories?

Run Forest Run!! To burn 1200 cals, I am going to have to really step it up...so maybe a run in the morning and in the evening. Maybe some Shred too :) Looking forward to it :)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Only a few more hours and we begin! =) ... I actually had PT today... So I'll really have to step it up. Doing the Shred twice and going for a walk... that should be 900 right there. =/ Wonder how to burn the other 300 now? Crunches during a movie is the only other than i can think of...

There's no way i can do the Shred 3x tomorrow! But that would rock!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm going to attempt this. I will do Insanity or Jillian's NMTZ and swimming and walking maybe? The first workout should be around 300 calories, swimming (for 2 hours) 700 or so calories and then maybe do a walk to finish it off?? Or do a second, but short workout video?

Okay, I tracked it...my plan should burn 1295 if I do it all! So we'll see how that goes. :D I think the eating part might be harder though.........I'll be back tomorrow to say whether or not I can do it. :P