How fattening is french toast?

Options
I just made two slices. Wholewheat bread, two egg whites and lowfat milk mixed together (I didn't even use half of it to dip) and fried with olive oil. Is this okay to eat daily or?

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat it daily, but once in awhile is great! I like the substitions you made to make it lighter.
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    I was wondering how "bad" or "good" this was....I LOVE FRENCH TOAST!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Suzay, can I ask what height you are? Your weight goal seems really low, and you're probably at a healthy weight already.

Your version of French toast sounds fine, but I'm concerned that you see foods as "bad" or "good".
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it. When I make french toast, I don't even use oil. It's just whole wheat bread, milk, and egg. I think it gets bad when you start to make them stuffed.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    create a recipe under FOOD
    it will calculate everything for you.

I had french toast the other night for dinner.... only 7g fat.
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm 5'1, my body is reeeally out of shape even at the weight I am.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    did u store it in ur diary thats how i tell how bad or good things r by the cals n fat etc.x
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We made French Toast this morning with a berry mixture syrup made fresh. It was delicious and about 430 calories (whole wheat, two eggs and skim milk to make two pieces for me and two for my husband)

Take a cup of fresh berries and cook them in a pot until they are saucy and pour over the toast. It was delicious, filling, and pretty good calories for a breakfast. I wouldn't eat it everyday, but every couple of days, no sweat!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat it every day. But maybe twice a week or so..the problem comes in if you add syrup and butter. but if you are just eating them as is, then sounds good. your substitutions were really good.
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to mine. I use lite wheat bread, egg whites, and sugar free vanilla coffee creamer, canola spray and lite maple syrup. Mine is about 80 calories per slice.
  • laclulover
    Options
    Maybe you need to work out a bit more to get in shape and not worry so much about calories. worry about your health, the weight will come off if you eat "clean".
  • Suzay
    Options
    Suzay, can I ask what height you are? Your weight goal seems really low, and you're probably at a healthy weight already.

Your version of French toast sounds fine, but I'm concerned that you see foods as "bad" or "good".

I replied below, 5'1. My body is very out of shape even though my stats are low.

When I ask if a food is "bad" (although I don't remember doing so) I basically mean is it fattening or unhealthy or will it effect my diet. That's the only type of "bad" I would refer that to.
  • Suzay
    Options
    Maybe you need to work out a bit more to get in shape and not worry so much about calories. worry about your health, the weight will come off if you eat "clean".

I didn't mention calories. I don't worry about calories at all, I have between 1200-1500 and try to keep my net upto 1200. I mainly concentrate on the fat and carb content.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I replied below, 5'1. My body is very out of shape even though my stats are low.

When I ask if a food is "bad" (although I don't remember doing so) I basically mean is it fattening or unhealthy or will it effect my diet. That's the only type of "bad" I would refer that to.

She didn't really say "bad" or "good," she asked if it was okay to eat daily.
  • avahsmiles4me
    avahsmiles4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This poster was Johnd1976 who mentioned the words "bad" or "good", not Suzay. :)

**My suggestion would be to have that yummy french toast as a weekend treat. It sounds good 2 me!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Eating clean is a personal choice and the weight will come off even you it a processed Lean Cuisine or Snicker bar... Sorry no disrespect meant
    :flowerforyou:
    French toast is awesome and is just as fattening as you make it... Had some today, yesterday day and the day before )I cook breakfast in batches to make it easier for the week). If you want it everyday and your getting the nutrients that you need through out the day, go for it!!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're right, you said "fattening" in this thread, but asked somewhere else how "bad" cheese slices were.

I'm still a little concerned about your attitude to food - forgive me if I'm over-stepping a mark here, but you can see the calorie and fat component of the (pretty healthy sounding ) French toast you made - what was your particular concern?

Aside, if you're at a healthy weight, but feel you need some shaping, the gym is your friend!