Sore feet

Options
Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
Think I may have fallen arches. Got an appointment with the podiatrist so we shall see. Anyone else suffer from this ? I find this really strange to happen to someone as an adult... never had issues with my feet before.

But I have achy sort of burning pain at the arch and it aches like mad after lying down all night sleeping, when I get up and walk with bare feet it's sore !

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Think I may have fallen arches. Got an appointment with the podiatrist so we shall see. Anyone else suffer from this ? I find this really strange to happen to someone as an adult... never had issues with my feet before.

But I have achy sort of burning pain at the arch and it aches like mad after lying down all night sleeping, when I get up and walk with bare feet it's sore !

Sounds like plantar fasciitis. I was prescribed custom orthodics to give my arch more support and I do less impact exercises. It can be a precursor to arches collapsing, especially if you also have issues with your posterior tibial tendon. I doubt your arches have fallen...it would be a very visible deformity.

This is not unusual in adulthood...adulthood is when it generally happens.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have been flat footed all my life. nothing i can do about it. I dont have any pain I guess for me it is normal.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I third Plantar fasciitis. Mine has mostly calmed down, now that I'm 50 pounds less, but those first few steps in the morning were EXCRUCIATING.

Mine still twinges every once in a while but it's much better now. YMMV.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Plantars I had to change my shoes and it got better... got to the point I couldn’t bare any weight on my feet
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A frozen water bottle will work too. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. Good luck!

Or a tennis ball
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Roll golf ball under your foot
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like the pain I had when I was diagnosed with plantar faciitis. I tried all the rolling stuff, frozen water bottle etc., and it helped a little. But what helped me the most was getting insoles from my podiatrist (they were cheaper and more effective than that Dr. Scholls ones I bought) and a stretch my podiatrist taught me. Lay flat on your back and get a towel or something similar. Put the towel across the ball of your foot and grab onto both ends. then pulls back towards your head. That backwards stretch always did wonders for me and would completely take the pain away most times. Good luck! This stuff sucks...
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Another stretch that gives great relief is to stand barefoot on a step and let your heels hang down.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Sounds like plantar fasciitis. I was prescribed custom orthodics to give my arch more support and I do less impact exercises. It can be a precursor to arches collapsing, especially if you also have issues with your posterior tibial tendon. I doubt your arches have fallen...it would be a very visible deformity.

This is not unusual in adulthood...adulthood is when it generally happens.

Alright thanks for that. My gp did say I might need things to put in my shoes. I'm glad I went and made an appointment I know something isn't right with my feet. It's strange cos iv never had any issues before. Hopefully iv caught whatever it is early and I can get the pain under control.

It usually just happens without any previous issues. I started having issues with that and posterior tibial tendinitis when I was in my late 30s...after I got my inserts I've had a lot less issues...a twinge now and then, but I can usually roll that out on a lacrosse ball and do some stretching.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,762 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want to relieve soreness at the end of the day, I recommend these:
    https://www.amazon.com/11FORCE-Physical-Equipment-Fasciitis-Myofascial/dp/B01M3NXOCY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1517833288&sr=8-8&keywords=ball+for+foot+therapy

I figured I would try them since they aren't that expensive, and I saw some in the physical therapist's office. Iput a towel on our wood floor to protect it, then the spiked ball on top and I roll it under my feet while watching TV. It really helps relieve the pain and tension.