I'm Always Hungry!! Snack Suggestions?

Options
jarsie
jarsie Posts: 5 Member
Any suggestions on snacks that I can eat that won't blow the diet? I am always hungry, and don't say drink water. I drink a gallon of water a day already, so I don't think I can do more, plus it does not take away the hunger. I am looking for something low calorie but filling!

Replies

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    veggie straws are a good idea, I love those too. anything with protein, rolled up deli turkey is quick and easy as long as you aren't on sodium restriction. berries are low calorie and satisfying.
  • LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Almonds are my go-to when I need a healthy snack that will keep me feeling satisfied for a while. I guess the "low calorie" part of that is debatable with almonds - the ones I eat are 170 cals for about 1/4 cup - but they are satisfying and a healthier choice.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jarsie wrote: »
    Any suggestions on snacks that I can eat that won't blow the diet? I am always hungry, and don't say drink water. I drink a gallon of water a day already, so I don't think I can do more, plus it does not take away the hunger. I am looking for something low calorie but filling!

Before looking for snacks, take a look at your regular meals? What are you eating for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner? How filling are those foods?

Please also let us know how many daily calories MFP set for you after you filled in your profile.
  • devishnik
    devishnik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try to carry bag of almonds with you anywhere. What helps me
    - miso soup (dashi style) high in sodium super low in calories - one cup kills all Hunger
    - I try to stay out of processed food so apple sauce in small packs (go-go) also helps.
    - Quick sweet potatoes ( 7-8 min microwave - make few holes prior)
    - Same for Apple
    - Fish sticks crab-meat style
    - Low calories stick cheese
    - Chia seeds - they really fill you up - one spoon added to smoothie or your oatmeal etc
    - Apple sider vinegar - try adding it to your water a bit it will GREATLY reduce your appetite
    - find something that you enjoy (like granola bar?) and have it always available-handy wherever you are (in the car, in the office etc).
    - Tuna in the can. Or pink salmon - Those are low in calories in small amount, I usually eat half of tuna it’s enough.
    - Today I snaked in Brussels cabbage - I prep them in 400F oven for 40 min previously sprinkled in olive oil (1 tablespoon was enough for me, salt pepper mixed in zip log prior cooking).

It’s a hard work. Find what you like as your fav snack and have it avail around you all the time. Best of luck!
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will eat popcorn as a small snack if needed. Make sure you are drinking enough water! You can also try hot tea first.
  • jarsie
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Before looking for snacks, take a look at your regular meals? What are you eating for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner? How filling are those foods?

Please also let us know how many daily calories MFP set for you after you filled in your profile.

• jarsie
    Options

• jarsie
    Options
    MFP only has me at 1200 calories so my meals are pretty small as it is. I guess I need to get back to the gym so I can add more calories to my day. My meals are not very filling, which is part of the problem.
  • doe5133
    doe5133 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found a snickerdoodle recipe that uses almond flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and I make nickle size balls and roll in fake sugar and cinnamon, and that is my one carb treat. Be sure you make them small enough, or you will be having a 2 or 3 carb snack. And the almond flour really fills you up. One snickerdoodle satisfies that craving for something sweet. If you are a sugar addict, you probably should not bake these. The recipe says you get 24 snickerdoodles. I get about 60 out of it, so I only bake half of recipe and put the rest in the freezer to cook later. I normally have only 2 and never more than 3 a day.
  • doe5133
    Options
    I make my own neufatel (sp) pimento cheese that costs you almost $4 for a little jar. I use 8 oz of cream cheese, 6 oz of chopped pimentos, drained, pinch of celery salt, dash of Kosher salt, 1/2 tablespoon of Splenda or less and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and mix well in blender. I fill celery sticks with this - very low carbs depending how much you put on a stalk of celery. I try to use less than 1T for a 7" stalk of celery.
  • doe5133
    Options
    Sorry that is neufchatel pimento cheese.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This banana “nice cream” recipe is super easy, healthy, and YUMMMYYY!! https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/banana-nice-cream
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Drink less water
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This banana “nice cream” recipe is super easy, healthy, and YUMMMYYY!! https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/banana-nice-cream

This would make me hungry. As it is all carbs and calorie dense for it.