Any healthier snack recommendations?

Options
I work as an illustrator and tend to really lose track of time when I'm working on a drawing... So much so that I end up accidentally skipping over meals... any recommendations for healthy snacks I can grab to hold me when this happens? I'd normally grab fruit or something like that but I've heard I should be careful how much fruit I eat because of the sugars?

Replies

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Here's some quick things I grab when I need a snack:
    • Granola bar
    • Yogurt with granola
    • Beef jerky/Slim Jim
    • String cheese
    • Ice cream with strawberries
    • Boiled egg with bacon
    • English muffin with jam
    • Sunflower seeds
    • Nut butter on Ritz crackers
    • Veggies with ranch
    • Various fruits

If you prefer to eat fruit, it makes a great snack! Sugar isn't going to hinder your weight loss. You don't really need to take sugar into consideration unless you have been instructed to limit it. Focus on staying within your calories and you'll do just fine!
  • IonicGirl
    IonicGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Carrots, cherry tomatoes and celery sticks with hummus are my faves.

I chop up a big batch of the veggies and put them into small tupperware containers so that they are ready to snack on.
    About twice a week I also make up home-made coleslaw with cabbage, carrots, a little onion and chopped dried apple rings with extra light mayo, lemon juice, vinegar and a sprinkle of sultanas and leave this in the fridge and big batches of home made soup out of the Pressure Cooker are another thing I always have at the ready so I can microwave a big bowl full in a few minutes.

I keep pet hens so boiled eggs are also high on my snack list [as is pre-cooked frittata and quiche] with small packets of wafer thin ham and cherry tomatoes.
    I tend to cook up half a dozen or so and pop them in the fridge so that they are ready when I want them.

I also have a jar of almonds [watch the calorie count on those] and pickled gherkins on hand

Sky
  • fat_engineer
    fat_engineer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like these simply protein bars. 150 cals. 15 grams of protein. Good to go.