Keto diet

Options
I'm curious as to how many people are doing Keto? I am. Wondering how mainstream it is.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I'm not...but it's pretty much the fad of 2017/18
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of people. Do a forum search and you'll find hundreds of new posts..
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep it’s just the diet dujour. In a few months or year it will be something else.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    megs_1985 wrote: »
    Yep it’s just the diet dujour. In a few months or year it will be something else.

IM buying stocks in fuzzy peaches and diet dr pepper. Its surely going to be the best new diet of 2018!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Along with Intermittent Fasting.

From reading the number of keto threads in the MFP forums, it would seem that about 80% of the people here are doing keto.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Along with Intermittent Fasting.

From reading the number of keto threads in the MFP forums, it would seem that about 80% of the people here are doing keto.

Just from counting how many there are, sure! But if you actually look at the content, it’s mostly people eye-rolling.

I’m doing keto, OP. We do some kind of diet every January, and the one thing I always said I could never give up was sugar. A sweet tooth runs in my family! But apparently type 2 diabetes does, too, because my mom, who’s the most restrained, reasonable eater I know still came up pre-diabetic recently. The diet her doctor put her on looks a lot like keto (low limits on even natural sugars, balancing carbs with fats, and so on) so it seemed like a decent time to try it out.

I like it! I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to it for life, but I feel pretty confident that I can if I actually need to. I don’t have out-of-control cravings, I’m beginning to really look forward to foods I used to only eat for health reasons, and I’m finding it a lot easier than it normally is to stay within my calorie goal, so I’ve punched the bottom out of a plateau I’d been on for a year. Overall a pretty satisfactory experience!
  • jahshadow
    jahshadow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I viewed at as the fad of the year as well - until I tried it. I’m not exaggerating when I say it has changed my life. I could hardly get out of bed in the last couple of month and since I have had a long love affair with bread all my life I really thought keto would be torture. Instead I am brursting with energy, I’m losing weight and I haven’t craved carbs at all. It’s amazing, but I really think everyone’s metabolism is unique and no diet is one size fits all.