Protein v. Carbs v. Calories help?

Options
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an opinion about this? Today my food tracking has me close to my "max" protein for the day, but is that a bad thing? I am counting calories and trying to eat healthy food. Is there something else I should keep track of? I am not necessarily doing "Atkins" but I am trying to minimize my carb intake.
Comments?
Feedback?
:smile:

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    i dont think too much protein will hurt u!
  • pambaldwin
    Options
    I am 59 years old and work out in a gym so I try to go over the protein recommendation. You need the protein to aid in building some muscle and strength. I do try to go under the carb requirement but not by much. Don't forget that there are many good carbs for you like vegetables. I need to have more fiber to bring down my cholestrol levels (which happened) so I try to hit between 20-35 grams a day. That involves carbs. I try to watch the fats by having under 30% of my calories from fats ( I try for 25%). (There is 9 calories per gram in fat.) My food diary includes carbs, fats, protein, sat. fat, and fiber. Hope this is helpful.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What are the settings for your macro nutrient percentages? For instance, the defaults are Carb/Protein/Fat 50/20/30. If you eat too much protein, it will just be converted to fat and used as fuel, much like the others. the difference is that converting protein to fat is much less efficient. If you are over on any of the macro nutrients, protein is definitely the one you want to do that with. For what it's worth, I am having much better results using lower card percentages, so I have mine set to 20/50/30, but I rarely get up to 50% protein.
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    @KeyMaster - What the heck is a macro nutrient percentage? I haven't changed anything so I suppose i am indeed set to 50/20/30 Sounds like I should check into that! PS - I am the gatekeeper.... but I bet you get that a lot! :laugh:
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    the diet that i do and works best for me is more protein and more fiber