Hello

Options
Hii. I just started this program and am so bummed out I started 20 years too late!! It says I only get 1200 calories and I will only lose a half of a pound a week!!! But I'm going to try it anyway. I am a Grandma with 14 grandkids. I have tried every diet my entire life and I have done the yo-yo dieting. I'm going to try this out because my daughter thinks it's great!!

Replies

• ClareWorsey
    Options
    This is fantastic, and the more active you are, the quicker you will lose it x
  • lqsi
    lqsi Posts: 1
    Options
    hey I had several doctors tell me that nutrition, healthy eating, and exercising WILL help no matter what age or weight, so get going you can do this, look at it this way, you'll have more time with all those grand kids, Just don't give up !
  • janetruppert
    Options
    Hi from Georgia!! I too waited way too long, but hey, better late than never! I wish I'd been this motivated years ago and not wasted all this time. I'm going to be turning 57 in about 2 weeks, and I'm a granma of 17!! I have a few that I haven't even met yet, and I want to be able to keep up with them so I wanna get all this weight off of me. I have about a hundred left to go, but know I can do it, it's just going to take some time. I've gotten about 40-45 off in about 3 months, so I can do this. I've been heavy since I was 5 years old. How about you? What's your story? I've tried all my life to get this fat off of me, and a couple of times have lost a bit of weight, but put it right back on with extra to boot. Then I had some mjor health issues in 2003 and put on an extra 100 pounds that year and because of the helath problems then the extra weight, things REALLY spiraled out of control. I got depressed, almost lost my marriage, my health got worse, had to quit work, just everything took a turn for the worse. It was not a good year. I'd never been that heavy and then when I began to pull out of that and get my head back on straight, I couldn't get the weight off no matter what I did. Finally about 4 months ago, I said ENOUGH, and planned out my attack. I found out theat Medicare would pay for a Silver Sneakers Program at the local grum so I joined that, then found a food addiction therapist that Medicare pays for, plus started going to Overeaters Anonymous and the 12 step program Boy am I learning a lot about myself and what led me to start the overeating!! Emotions play a huge part in mine...emotions and self esteem. I started my eating at the ripe old age of 5. Can you believe it?

Anyway, I'd love to get to know you...be a support system if you're interested. Not sure where you're at, how old you are, or if you're even interested, so let me know!!! I love pen paling and wriging emails!!! Good Luck with your journey, no matter what!!
    Janet