Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-in- February 14

Options
Yes ladies, it's time!

How did you do? If you are like me and didn't meet your goal, did you at least make progress toward it?

I wanted to be at a different weight, but have not lost a pound. However, the inches continue to melt away, so I'm not giving up!

How about you?

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes ladies, it's time!

How did you do? If you are like me and didn't meet your goal, did you at least make progress toward it?

I wanted to be at a different weight, but have not lost a pound. However, the inches continue to melt away, so I'm not giving up!

How about you?
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    MOVED FROM MY POST! Thanks for Starting this Arianne!

Wow! We made it to February 14th! First, I want to say that everyone has done an AWESOME job during this challenge. Not just in working on your own goals but with supporting each other through good and bad times. You are all really special individuals and I am so proud to *know* each of you. Congratulations on hanging on until the end! No matter how you did I want you to know that YOU are a WINNER!

My last day of exercise consisted of 3 straight hours of cleaning ~ I was getting the house ready to host playgroup. By last night I had a sad, sad ankle so I went ahead and took the cleaning as my activity for the day. I did drink my water & take my vitamins and meds. Just have to get my stickers today and then I can go shopping this weekend! As for how I did with the challenge ~ I'm pretty sure I did okay with my exercise goals due to my chart (yeah chart!) but I know I didn't meet my weight goal and I wanted to fit into a smaller pair of pants... Oh well! No giving up here! I'm ready to get on with the Easter Challenge with new and bigger goals to tackle.

Think about what you'd like to do for an Easter Challenge and we will all set our goals tomorrow. If you are using a chart share what goals and rewards you are working towards there as well.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day all you healthier Challengers!!!
    Niccole
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    I have been spinning those wheels thanks to the great weather in Texas this past couple months. I started January 17th and I am now down 6 lbs and my cloths feel a little better. I'm not down another size yet but I can feel the progress. Of course I want it to come off faster but I know I need to work at this for awhile. I have decided on my life style change and to the help of myfitnesspal and friends as well as bikejournal I have had lots of help keeping me inline. My local cycle administrator on bike journal was telling me now that I am riding 10 mile rides I need to either pick up the pace for more miles or higher miles per hour. With his tough words I was hating him riding up the hills yesterday but when I was done I am loving him for pushing me.

I am heading out the door to ride which will give me 22 miles since I returned from Washington DC less than a week ago. I also walked more than riding the Metro or Taxi's so I have gone over my goals. I need to make some changes in those goals for the next challenge. My 1500 mile riding goal for the year might need to be kicked up a notch to 1800-2000. I will evaluate that this week and decide.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

Stacy
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well ladies, I didn't make my goal weight-wanted to lose 12 pounds but only managed to squeeze out 10. However, I am pleased to say that I am now in a comfortable size 12 pants. I will continue my Biggest Loser Cardio & Sculpt. I have definition in muscles that I haven't seen in years!

:heart: :heart: :heart: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ALL:heart::heart: :heart:

Have we decided on what the next challenge will be? I'm ready!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    The Texas weather really has been beautiful. Yesterday husband and I went for an hour walk after Guin was put to sleep. It was nice to feel this sun's warmth.

As far as my goal - I'm .6 off. I don't count a pound lost until I make it past that point. So for my goal of the 150s, I have to make it to 158.8 - I'm not sure why I count it this way. I didn't weigh myself this morning, but will tomorrow. This is a weight from Monday, so I might have made it after all. Either way - close enough, right?

I would like some inches lost - maybe that will be my next goal!

Still doing ok on my chart - putting that fork down between bites. I find it's much easier when something is rich (like the cake I had last night), than it is for a salad or soup. I may extend this one all the way until Easter as it's so difficult for me.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today, it's back to spinning. (60 minutes).

I think for the next challenge, I want to expand my discipline to other habits. (see my terrible procrastination with my studying) Including keeping my work area clearer. I also am experimenting with putting my fork down, Mary. I find myself reaching for another bite before I've chewed the one I'm on. Not good. It's interesting how I've made exercise a true habit and these other things are so difficult. I guess the self-sabotaging behavior has to go somewhere?. . .

Sorry for the loss, Mary. I hope that the sun continues to warm and comfort you.

Should we start towards Easter tomorrow? I'm formulating my new goals as we speak.

:flowerforyou: I am so proud of us!
  • kckat96
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today I weighed in and suprise suprise I lost another 2 lbs....I am now down 19 lbs since I started here on this site. Thanks Everyone for your support and good wishes. I'm feeling great and loving life. I've been working on my positive thoughts and have had many commints on how well I look and what a bright ray of sunshine I have become. :blushing: Looking forward to bigger and better things. Have a great Valentines Day everyone :heart: hugs from kckat96
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Happy Valentines Day :heart: I had set no weight goal and I think that affected my motivation. I will certainly be setting one for the next one and Easter is fine with me. I fit in a size 12 comfortably so I can't gripe. I will get on the scale on Monday and see if I have lost anything but realistically don't expect anything has happened. I will also check measurements on that day. I will also make a more realistic chart as I have very little stickers on it but it does well in the motivation department. Everyone have a great day!
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Ok I just got back from my ride and decided on my goals for Easter!

I want to lose 10 pounds in the next 6 weeks, ride 180 miles in the 6 weeks which is average of 30 miles a week. If I do my 2 weekend rides of 10-18 and throw in a couple rides during the week before work or after I will get my 180. :tongue: I think this is pushing me but that is what I need right now to keep me on track.

Stacy

Happy Valentines Day! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    goal was 18.5 lost 12 felt a bit disappointed this morning hoped to have lost some this week but stayed the same but feel really healthy so that is a plus.

Diet not goin well today though my son had a hosp app this morning and he is very upset because he need to start having patch therapy again he stopped in Oct last year but his eyes have got worse so he has to start again so he has been in a mood all day. On top of that my youngest daughter 18mnths has also had to start on patch therapy for 1/2 hr a day she hates it and the patches are so tiny it breaks my heart I can't help but think it is my fault 2 out of three kids wearing glasses from toddlers and both suffering patch therapy my youngest is waiting for her eye test in april I have found her some cute glasses and the opticians are keeping them for me she should have got glasses before Xmas but only let them test 1 eye. All in all this led to me giving in and eating a slice of carrot cake that we baked for my husband for valentines we made heart shaped carrots on the top but these things happen.
    On a good note my husband who is not romantic and I didn't even expect a card has just come in from work with a single red rose in the middle of a giant heart bouquet and this ha made my day just shows nearly four years married and he can still surprise me.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

WELL DONE TO ALL C U ALL FOR EASTER CHALLENGE!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Hello everyone!! It's really encouraging to see everyone doing so well, and staying motivated and losing weight. I have lost a a total of 5 pounds, since I began on January 8th. Everyone have a great Valentine's Day!!:heart: