Whats your dress size?

Options
Hiii, I was wondering what dress size you all are?

Im 5'8

Im nearly at my goal weight and my target was a size 8, but I still am a size 10. I live in the UK, I was also wondering how sizes differ in other countries too...

My measurements are:
Bust:34
Waist:26
Hips:33

Should I be fitting in a size 8?

Be great to hear from you!

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No idea on my dress size right now....When I can stuff myself into a pair of hosiery, then I will worry about wearing dresses again.... :flowerforyou:
  • Nolalee
    Nolalee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That made me LOL!!:laugh:
  • Nolalee
    Options
    Is it all your dresses? Some may run differently...
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kim and I started in January 2011 (taking it seriously), I am 5ft tall and I started at a UK 16 bottom/18 top I am now a size 12 bottom/14 top (think I will always be busty lol)
  • Nolalee
    Options
    No idea on my dress size right now....When I can stuff myself into a pair of hosiery, then I will worry about wearing dresses again.... :flowerforyou:

That made me LOL!!!!
  • bubbleyo21
    bubbleyo21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm an 11/12, sometimes 9/10 American size. I THINK you would be a size 6 American, but I'm not certain.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the Brand, I know Baby Phat runs smaller than Ecko. So it depends, I have size 18 jeans that I should fit into but the brand runs small, so I have to be a 14 to fit into them.
    I am in the US and currently 5'2" 207 lbs, I got my wedding dress in a size 16 when I was 213 lbs but I was actually and 18, I haven't tried it on since I got it because I want to try it on at the end of the month, but from what I know of I am still a size 18 or 2X depending on the label. My goal is to be a size 6 for my wedding but I will settle for a size 9. lol
    Current Measurements in inches
    Bust--- 43
    Waist--- 40.5
    Hips----48.5
    What size would I be in the UK?
  • zacpants
    Options
    I am too 5'8 and currently a size 12 - 14. I'm not sure of my measurements although I'm 34 ff bust! I'm hoping to get down to 10 -12! With my healthy weight of 10 half stone. (I have never been a size 8 even at my smallest of 9 and half stone).
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 37-29-42. I'm uk 12/14 top 14/16 bottom dependng on which shop I go into. lol! I can feel all my hip bones, pelvis etc and only have a stone to go. Don't think I will ever be a size 10.

Oh and I'm 5ft 8.
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi, I am also from the UK, my dress size is 12 or 14 at the moment. But saying that the other day I went into newlook and tried on several dress's in a 14 and could not get them anywhere near me. Also i have shorts in the following sizes 12, 14, 16 20 & 22 and they all fit. I have 2 x jackets in a size 22 and they also fit. Most of my clothes are a size 12 though. It all according who;s made the clothes sizing in this country is shocking.
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options

That made me LOL!!!!

Your having a right giggle arent you :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual garment, but I'm an average UK 16 at the moment. Would like to get down to a 12, ideally.
  • RajwaJ
    Options
    Hi, I am also from the UK, my dress size is 12 or 14 at the moment. But saying that the other day I went into newlook and tried on several dress's in a 14 and could not get them anywhere near me. Also i have shorts in the following sizes 12, 14, 16 20 & 22 and they all fit. I have 2 x jackets in a size 22 and they also fit. Most of my clothes are a size 12 though. It all according who;s made the clothes sizing in this country is shocking.

Mmmmh New Look sizes are all toooo small compared to other makes. But then the styles are aimed at teenagers so are cut on the non mature measurements. lol!
  • RajwaJ
    Options

Mmmmh New Look sizes are all toooo small compared to other makes. But then the styles are aimed at teenagers so are cut on the non mature measurements. lol!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my dress size is anymore, seeing as how I never wear dresses. :laugh: I do know that I've always worn a bigger dress size than pant size though.
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    I am 5ft 8ins I can honestly say I dont know my measurements, I think I will go in search of a tape measure now and have a look!
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    found a tape, well sort of its a construction metal tape but it gives me an idea.
    my measurements are 37 - 31.5 - 40.5:noway:
  • zacpants
    Options

New Looks sizing is so rubbish theses days. I too tried on a lovely size 14 dress and I so struggled to get it over my shoulders let alone my bust and hips!

I have an old pair of size 10 Next jeans that I only wear on my skinny days, but recently could fit only just squeeze into a size 14!

Uk sizing is all over the place!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    depends on the brand/make...but I guess a Small or Size 2. again, just depends on the cut and brand.
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your replies, It must depend on country, shop etc, I may be a size 8 in some shops and size 12 in others. Ovousily depends on the size the clothes get made by xxxx