insanity workout?

Options
There might be a post about this already but I didn't see one. What is the insanity workout?

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Its a nominally 60 day workout from Beachboy with a focus on high impact cardio training. You'll work six days a week as hard as you can. You need a good level of starting fitness as it will test you, but it will reward you with great results. I've done P90x, most of the One on Ones, bits of Turbo Fire and Insanity, but only the Insanity sequel Asylum is harder.
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    search u tube, it looks really hard to do
    dont think I'll be buying a copy
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?t=san2c2

It's a 60 day video program that seriously kicks BUTT. I am a week away from finishing it :) It's definitely no joke and VERY hardcore.
    PS: I find it hard and I am a P90X grad
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's like the px90 workout. I just started it last week and I love it. He does a bunch of different workouts. I can't keep up but I try. Hopefully week 2 will be better for me.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    insanity is a very good workout and many will say to have good level of fitness, I have heard of many people that just jump right in! You can find it at beachbody.com or through a beachbody coach!
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    is there a easier workout in it, or do they all do the same?
  • Freesageel
    Options
    It's a series of DVD's by BeachBody. Like it's title..it's insane! High intensity cardio doesn't even begin to describe it. It's a 60 day program that will def get you into shape. I say that as if I have done it but I haven't. I have the DVD's but have yet to complete the full course. But if you are interested in it, you should definitely check it out. Good luck :)
  • sweetness48
    Options
    I'm interested in trying it but it scares me! People swear by it though so I might give it a go!
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome results if you work as hard as you can. It is kind of refreshing to have a workout DVD where even the actors are struggling to keep up and look as spent as you at the end.
  • vclark000
    Options
    check out slimdownwithsara.com...see how she progressed and you get to see her workouts, which include insanity...really inspiring.
  • richardmbunn
    richardmbunn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I YouTube'd it yesterday and I think I'd have an easier life if I was 10 years on a chain gang.
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    like everyone else is saying yes insanity is very hard! before i got serious about getting in shape i about 20 days in and it was....well tough haha.

this time i am starting with p90x to first build up muscle and then after i become a p90x grad i am going to move on to insanity, since my endurance will be better. I asked a lot of the people on here which one is better to start with and that was the response i got. so if you were thinking about starting a program like that to commit to, my recommendation would be to try P90x :smile: its a ton of fun and tony horton is a hoot!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    is there a easier workout in it, or do they all do the same?
    It's divided into two months, month one has the Pure series of workouts, these are a fair bit easier and shorter than month two's Max workouts. To do the cycle properly you'll do all the Workouts in a predefined series, all are hard in their own way.

If you want something easier from a Cardio point of view look at P90x, although it has a larger focus on Weight Training. P90x is easier to substitute and modify the existing exercises if you struggle. If you want something easier than P90x look at Power 90.