UK Fatty

Options
After a long realisation, that no matter how many vegetables I asked Dominoes to put on my pizza it will never make it healthy, I have decided to go cold turkey from all those foods that I know are terrible for me and start leading a healthier lifestyle!

I've got my goals all set, all the crap foods thrown out and almost a week in I'm still ploughing ahead!

Looking for other UK friends to add so we can track progress and support each other

Replies

• auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, UK and pizza lover too!
  • Kentishcat2310
    Kentishcat2310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK feel free to add me
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like the small Pizza express pizzas you can buy in the supermarkets as they're about 500 cal!
  • Tuppence2864
    Tuppence2864 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK too and like everyone else trying to get my life back in order, please feel free to add me, the more the merrier support, the better ;-)
  • okborednow
    okborednow Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    m&s individual stone baked pizzas are lush and range from 420-450 cals. Serve with a big salad and you have a dinner that's not too bad caloriewise but still feels indulgent :)
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome I'm a UK fatty too I'm a Papa Johns fan though ;) I went cold turkey for the first two weeks, now i'm introducing my favourite foods everyday but in smaller portions and in moderation. Don't go cold turkey forever ;)
  • katieevo1992
    katieevo1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Uk Shropshire add me
  • MattsGirl90
    MattsGirl90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    fill free to add me pizza lover and prosecco lover cheese lover basically everything lover!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Why do people think having pizza etc is bad! OK so having it can really eat in to any calorie allowance but in moderation....

Log all you eat, eat foods you love/enjoy but stay within your calorie allowance and weight loss will follow.

Ps I'm from Northern Ireland.

Wishing you all the best for your weight loss.

Ruth
  • moniquedavis18
    moniquedavis18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, just join, living in London uk, add me please..
  • lucy6545
    lucy6545 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, just rejoined after regaining a stone (damn chocolate/lack of will power!). South West UK based, feel free to add me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    UK gal living in Ireland, lost 35lbs so far without giving up my pizza, order Domino's once or twice a month still, just get myself one of the personal pizzas with a side of doughballs and work it into my weekly calories. It's all about moderation. Lose the "All or Nothing" diet mentality and weight loss becomes a lot more sustainable and less miserable.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No foods are terrible for you, but overeating is. A varied and balanced diet is healthy. Calling your favorite foods, crap, will make your cravings for them intensify. You can stop eating foods you like for a while, until you can't and then you really can't, and you'll overeat like never before. Just eat what you like, in moderate amounts. Yes, some food are so calorie dense that moderate amounts means quite small portions and/or infrequent consumption. Also stop giving yourself derogatory names. A healthy lifestyle is not just a healthy diet, it's treating yourself with respect.

This is EXACTLY my response too.

Best of luck to you :)
  • AllieManc
    AllieManc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello from Manchester. Feel free to add me
  • rcmcneice
    rcmcneice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Falklang wrote: »
    Hey welcome I'm a UK fatty too I'm a Papa Johns fan though ;) I went cold turkey for the first two weeks, now i'm introducing my favourite foods everyday but in smaller portions and in moderation. Don't go cold turkey forever ;)

Papa's comes a very close second! My local one isn't the best, otherwise it would be first!
    When I know I can control myself I might let myself order one, Dominoes do a sweet range of new ones with goats cheese and all that which are lush... Must resist
  • rcmcneice
    rcmcneice Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    :)
  • Jess_weightlossjourney
    Options
    I’m in Lancashire, open diary. X
  • fibrofat2fibrofit
    fibrofat2fibrofit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello from Scotland I'm a newbie too feel free to add me :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, so feel free to browse. I prefer to find healthier alternatives to my favourite foods, but I honestly enjoy my healthy diet. I have 90% dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, make my own energy balls with just dates, cashew nuts and cacao powder (similar to nakd bars) I cook more now instead of going for processed foods. I gave up dairy and meat (for health reasons not weight loss reasons) and am loving discovering new recipes and different foods. Don't be afraid to try new things, if you don't like them that's fine. I've lost 11lbs this year so far and feel great.