What works for you?

Options
Curious as I've taken bits from previous diets this time. Knew weight loss would be slow as it always is but am losing about half a pound a week. I lost 10 pounds over 5 months on 1200 kcals with 45 mins exercise, cals not spent on food ,3 years ago. This time have been unable to exercise due to health problems (being tested) and a broken toe, plus joint.
Diet was OK, 3 meals a day, but had downsides. Hungry if I ate any kind of breakfast or food before I felt like it. I have days when not on a diet or sometimes on one when I don't feel that hungry. If first meal is breakfast cereal, ravenous soon afterwards and for the rest of the day. Any diet with usual times, and food, for 3 meals doesn't suit me unless I sleep at normal times. So now incorporate not hungry days, 1 or 2 a week, about 500 kcals if that, plus a very hungry day, up to 1400 kcals if I want to take them. The 500 kcal day is fine with a high protein meal, see below. 1200 for 4 or 5 days a week.So its really an average over a week. Without exercise it has to be about 1000 kcals a day. Hunger was the biggest problem on my last diet.
Now taken to drinking water/ squash before eating. Plus far less carbs.
High protein meal: eg 2 scrambled eggs,2 low fat sausages, tomatoes, orange juice, coffee.
Second meal eg chicken casserole containing onions, carrots, swede, frozen skinless chicken, packet mix of herbs etc with broccoli , new potatoes. Basically lean protein and veg eg mini roast, skinless chicken breast and parsnips. Boiled veg When I can be bothered and not at risk of eating too much curries , dry curry powder, no coconut milk, veg chilli as well with boiled rice.
Chicken Chow Mein, Spag Bol definitely hungry day.
!400 just cook the spag bol, or chow mein and give in.
Big difference this time is eggs and less carbs, especially as a first meal. Plus not eating when not hungry and leaving food on plate.

Replies

• 17adf33
    17adf33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Meant to say I am less hungry
  • michelepiper940
    michelepiper940 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Zumba works for me. I do it 3-4 times a week at home or hip hop abs. I have a fitbit blaze to measure my activity and I walk as well. I track my food now with my fitness pal but I have already lost 31 pounds tracking my food with fitbit. My main focus is to eat fruit veggies and lean protein and healthy snacks and drink plenty of water.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you struggling? If so, can you rephrase?
  • 17adf33
    17adf33 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Same with diet Did a lot of dance when younger, I'm 57. My exercise 4 years ago was Rosemary Connelly DVD and a walking group, 3 miles at a brisk pace. Have bursitus in my hip now , which is one of the reasons I want to lose weight Extreme fatigue and waiting on results of blood tests; have an underactive thyroid TSH normal but hoping T3 will be tested. Also being tested for celiac disease as I have vitamin deficiences